ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: SUT0374027
Transport for London
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A24 GLA ROAD (BALHAM HIGH ROAD, LONDON BOROUGH OF WANDSWORTH) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC AND STOPPING) ORDER 2017
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it intends to make the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable gas works to take place at the junction of Balham High Road and Ormeley Road.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from:
(1) entering or exiting Ormeley Road at its junction with Balham High Road;
(2) stopping on Balham High Road between its junction with Old Devonshire Road and Nos. 65 and 67 Balham High Road.
The Order will be effective at certain times from 7:00 AM on the 27th November 2017 and 7:00 PM on the 22nd December 2017 or when the works have been completed whichever is the sooner. The prohibitions will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
5. At such times as the prohibitions are in force alternative routes will be indicated by traffic signs via Bedford Hill, Haberson Road and Laitwood Road or reverse to normal route of travel, or via Old Devonshire Road and Cavendish Road or reverse to normal route of travel.
Dated this 16th day of November 2017 Glynn Barton
Director of Network Management,
Transport for London, Palestra,
197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ
MAYOR OF LONDON ^^^m pQR LONDON