TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS ST JAMES ROAD, KINGSTONNotice ID: MF0247114
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS ST JAMES ROAD, KINGSTON
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames, being the trafficauthority for St James Road, Kingston, in the said borough, in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (as amended) HEREBY GIVES NOTICE THAT,tofacilitate building maintenance works and associated activities to No. 3 St James Road, it intends to make an Order of the effect of which will be to :
a) Prohibit any vehicle from entering, proceeding or remaining at rest in St James Road, between Kingston Hall Road and the St James Road NCP car park entrance.
2. The prohibitions specifiedinparagraph 1above: -
a) shall only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002.
b) shall not apply to anything done with the permission, or at the direction, of aconstable in uniform or to any vehicles or pedestrians in connection with the said works.
c) shall not apply to emergency service vehicles.
3. The Order will come into operation on the 24 November 2017 and will remain in force for eighteen months or until the works are completed. It is anticipated that the works will require multiple visits over a three month period.
4. Access to premises on or adjacent to the affected road shall be maintained in so far as this is reasonably practicable without interference with execution of the said works.
5. Asigneddiversion will be erected via Wheatfield Way, Ashdown Road and Eden Street.
Mervyn Bartlett, Traffic Manager, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames KT1 1EU.
10 November 2017