CHURCH STREET, EDMONTON - 20 MPH SPEED LIMIT CHURCH STREET N9 AT ITS JUNCTION WITH LATYMER ROAD N9 - PROVISION OF A TIGER PEDESTRIAN CROSSING LATYMER ROAD, EDMONTON AND VICTORIA ROAD, EDMONTON - 'AT ANY TIME' WAITING RESTRICTIONSNotice ID: WAT0363071
CHURCH STREET, EDMONTON - 20 MPH SPEED LIMIT
CHURCH STREET N9 AT ITS JUNCTION WITH LATYMER ROAD N9 - PROVISION OF A TIGER PEDESTRIAN CROSSING
LATYMER ROAD, EDMONTON AND VICTORIA ROAD, EDMONTON - 'AT ANY TIME' WAITING RESTRICTIONS Further information may be obtained from the Cycle Enfield officer telephone number-07745 138283.
Further information may be obtained from the Cycle Enfield officer telephone number-07745 138283.
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Enfield propose to make the Enfield (Waiting and Loading Restriction) (Amendment No. *) Order 201 * and the Enfield (20 m.p.h. Speed Limit) (No. *) Traffic Order 201* under sections 6, 84(1), 84(2) and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended.
2. The general effect of the Orders would be to introduce -
(a) 20 miles per hour speed limit for motor vehicles in Church Street, Edmonton, N9 between Winchester Road N9 and Stanley Road N9; and
(b) "at any time" waiting restrictions in parts of the roads specified in the second paragraph of the heading to this Notice.
3. FURTHER NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council propose to construct a raised junction to control the speed of vehicles, under sections 90A to 90I of the Highways Act 1980, in Bedevere Road eastwards from its junction with Victoria Road, Edmonton for a distance of 10 metres.
4. FURTHER NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Enfield (the Council) has approved, under section 23 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, the introduction of a tiger pedestrian crossing (a crossing where traffic should give way to pedestrians and cyclists) in Church Street N9 at its junction with Latymer Road N9. The extent of the crossing including the associated zig-zag markings (which would prohibit all vehicles from stopping on them for any reason at all times) would be as specified in the Schedule to this Notice.
5. A copy of the proposed Orders, of a map indicating the locations and effects of the proposed Orders, of the Council's statement of reasons for proposing to make the Orders and other relevant documents can be inspected at the Reception Desk, the Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3XD during normal office hours on Mondays to Fridays inclusive.
6. Persons desiring to object to either of the proposed Orders, or make any other representations in respect of them, should send a statement in writing to that effect, and in the case of an objection stating the grounds thereof, to the Head of Traffic and Transportation, the Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3XD, quoting the reference TG52/1366, by 29 November 2017.
7. Under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985, any letter you write to the Council in response to this Notice may, upon written request, be made available to the press and to the public, who would be entitled to take copies of it if they so wished.
Dated 8 November 2017
DAVID B. TAYLOR
Head of Traffic and Transportation
(Extent of the new tiger crossing including zig-zag markings) CHURCH STREEET N9,
Between the north-east wall of No. 79 Church Street N9
and a point 1.5 metres east of the north-western wall of No. 77 Church Street N9.