FOX LANE N13 - INTRODUCTION OF SPEED HUMPS BOURNE AVENUE N14 - INTRODUCTION OF 'NO ENTRY' RESTRICTIONSNotice ID: WAT0355719
FOX LANE N13 - INTRODUCTION OF SPEED HUMPS BOURNE AVENUE N14 - INTRODUCTION OF 'NO ENTRY' RESTRICTIONS
PARKWAY N14 - INTRODUCTION OF A 'COMPULSORY LEFT TURN' CANNON ROAD N14 - INTRODUCTION OF A 'NO MOTOR VEHICLE' RESTRICTION (PART-TIME) and DISABLED PERSONS PARKING PLACES DEVONSHIRE ROAD N13, GROVELANDS ROAD N13, LAKESIDE ROAD N13 and OLD PARK ROAD N13 - INTRODUCTION OF CONTINUOUS FOOTWAYS AT THE JUNCTIONS OF THE ABOVE ROADS WITH ALDERMANS HILL N13 Further information may be obtained from Traffic and Transportation, telephone number 020-8379 3632.
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Enfield (the Council) propose to make the Enfield (Free Parking Places) (Disabled Persons) (No. *) Order 201 *, the Enfield (Prescribed Routes) (No. *) Order 201 and the Enfield (Prescribed Routes) (Cannon Road N14) (No. *) Order 201 under sections 6, and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended.
2. The general effect of the Orders would be to:
(a) introduce 'No Entry' restrictions at the islands located at junctions of Bourne Avenue N14 with Parkway N14 and Bourne Avenue N14 with Meadway N14;
(b) introduce a 'Compulsory Left Turn' in Parkway N14 at its junction with the island located at the junction of Parkway N14 with Bourne Avenue N14;
(c) introduce a prohibition for all motor vehicles from entering Cannon Road N14 from Cannon Hill N14, during school term time, from 8 am to 9.15 am and from 2.30 pm to 4.00 pm on Mondays to Fridays inclusive except for access to off-street premises and designated disabled persons parking places; and
(d) introduce two disabled parking places to operate 'Monday to Friday 8.15 to 9.15am and 2.45 to 4pm' on the south side of Cannon Road N14 outside St. Monica's Roman Catholic School, to replace an existing School Keep Clear zig-zag marking.
4. FURTHER NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that in order to control the speed of traffic, the Council propose to construct under sections 90A to 90I of the Highways Act 1980.-
(a) speed humps which would have a height of 75 millimetres constructed at the locations specified in Schedule 1 to this Notice; and
(b) continuous footways which would be constructed level with the adjacent kerbs, between distances of 7.5 and 18.5 metres from the junction and cover the full width of the roads at the locations specified in Schedule 2 to this Notice.
4. A copy of each of the proposed Orders, of a map indicating the locations and effects of the proposed Orders, of the Council's statement of reasons for proposing to make the Orders and any other relevant documents can be inspected at the Reception Desk, the Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3XD during normal office hours on Mondays to Fridays inclusive.
5. Any person desiring to object to the proposed Orders, or make any other representations in respect of it should send a statement in writing to that effect, and in the case of an objection stating the grounds thereof, to the Head of Traffic and Transportation, the Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3XD, quoting the reference TG52/1365, by 22nd November 2017, or by e-mail to email@example.com Note: Should you wish to discuss the proposals in more detail with a Council officer, please ring the above-mentioned telephone number to arrange a mutually convenient time.
6. Under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985, any letter you write to the Council in response to this Notice may, upon written request, be made available to the press and to the public, who would be entitled to take copies of it if they so wished.
Dated 1st November 2017
David B. Taylor Head of Traffic and Transportation
(Speed humps, 3.6 metres long and 7.4 metres wide) Fox Lane N13
(i) From a point 11.7 metres north-west of the north-western kerb-line of Grovelands Road N13;
(ii) From a point 19.7 metres north-west of the common boundary of Nos. 85 and 87 Fox Lane N13;
(iii) From a point 9.9 metres north-west of the common boundary of Nos. 98 and 100 Fox Lane N13;
(iv) From a point 15.9 metres north-west of the north-western kerb-line of Oakfield Road, N14; and
(v) From a point 3.8 metres north-west of the common boundary of Nos. 195 and 197 Fox Lane.
SCHEDULE 2 (continuous footway locations) Devonshire Road N13-from the northern kerb-line of Alderman's Hill north-eastwards for a distance of 7.8 metres.
Grovelands Road N13-from a point 7.7 metres north-east of the northern kerb-line of Alderman's Hill north-eastwards for a distance of 8 metres.
Lakeside Road N13-from the northern kerb-line of Alderman's Hill north-eastwards for a distance of 7.5 metres.
Old Park Road N13-from the northern kerb-line of Alderman's Hill north-eastwards for a distance of 18.5 metres.