ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: SUT0339413
WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES -CARRIAGEWAY RESURFACING WORKS CABUL ROAD, CANDAHAR ROAD, ESPARTO STREET, FURMAGE STREET, PRETORIA ROAD, TRANMERE ROAD, TWILLEY STREET
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth, on the 16th October 2017 made an Order to facilitate carriageway resurfacing works, the effect of which will be to introduce temporary closures in Cabul Road, Candahar Road, Esparto Street, Furmage Street, Pretoria Road, Tranmere Road and Twilley Street within the borough.
2. Whilst the works take place, no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to enter or proceed in those streets or parts of streets as specified in the Schedule to this Notice. It is not anticipated that all closures would be in place at the same time.
3. Whilst the Order remains in force, alternative routes for vehicles (if applicable) will be available and will be appropriately signed.
4. The Order will come into effect on 6th November 2017 and will remain in force for a maximum of 18 months or until the works are complete, whichever is the sooner. The restrictions will only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by the placing of traffic signs.
5. Further information may be obtained from the Council's Traffic and Engineering Division - telephone number (020) 8871 6686.
6. Nothing in the Order applies to:
(a) any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works or any public service or utility vehicle;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police officer in uniform or a civil enforcement officer; or
(c) any vehicle being used for police, fire brigade or ambulance purposes.
Dated this nineteenth day of October 2017
Town Hall Wandsworth SW18 2PU Chief Executive PAUL MARTIN
Specified Streets and Parts of Streets for Carriageway Resurfacing Works
1. Cabul Road, entire length;
2. Candahar Road, entire length;
3. Esparto Street, entire length;
4. Furmage Street, entire length;
5. Pretoria Road, between its junctions with Moyser Road and Welham Road;
6. Tranmere Road, entire length; and
7. Twilley Street, between its junctions with Kimber Road and Garratt Lane.