ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991Notice ID: MF0240131
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS COWLEAZE ROAD, RICHMOND ROAD, ELM CRESCENT AND CANBURY PARK ROAD, KINGSTON
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames, being the trafficauthority for the above named roads, in the said borough, in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (as amended) HEREBY GIVES
NOTICE THAT,tofacilitate agas main replacement on behalf of
Southern Gas Networks, it has made an Order of the effect of which will be to:
a) To close the junction of Cowleaze Road with Richmond Road.
b) To lift the one way restrictions on Cowleaze Road, Elm Crescent and Canbury Park Road and allow two way traffic flow.
c) To allow use of the bus lane, between Kings Road and Sopwith Way, by all vehicles
d) To prohibit vehicles from remaining at rest in Acre Road,
between No. 25 and No. 39b
2. The prohibitions specified in paragraph 1above: -
a) shall only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be
indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002.
b) shall not apply to anything done with the permission, or at the direction, of aconstable in uniform or to any vehicles or pedestrians in connection with the said works.
c) shall not apply to emergency service vehicles.
3. The Order will come into operation on the 13 October 2017 and
will remain in force for eighteen months or until the works are
completed. It is anticipated that the works will take 3weeks
4. Access to premises on or adjacent to the affected road shall be maintained insofar as this is reasonably practicable without
interference with execution of the said works.
5. Adiversion route exists via Cowleaze Road, Elm Crescent, Canbury Park Road, Elm Road, Cross Road, Acre Road and Richmond Road.
Dated 13th October 2017. MERVYN BARTLETT
Traffic Manager, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames KT1 1EU.