MERIDIAN WAY N9 -TEMPORARY RESTRICTION OF CYCLISTSNotice ID: WAT0330442
MERIDIAN WAY N9 -TEMPORARY RESTRICTION OF CYCLISTS
Further information may be obtained by telephoning Highway Services on 020 8379 2039.
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that in order to facilitate essential utility works on Meridian Way N9, the Council of the London Borough of Enfield propose to make the Enfield (Meridian Way N9) (Temporary Restriction of Cyclists) Order 2017 under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984.
2. The effect of the Order would be to prohibit cyclists from entering or proceeding on Meridian Way N9 approximately 215 metres north of its junction with Picketts Lock Lane N9 for a distance of approximately 5 metres, in the London Borough of Enfield, as and when directed by traffic signs.
3. The prohibitions referred to in paragraph 2 above would not apply to works vehicles or, if the works allow, to police or emergency services' vehicles.
4. The prohibitions would come into operation on 22 October 2017 between the hours of 09.30 - 15.00pm for 1 day, or until such time as the works have been completed.
5. Whilst the prohibition remains in force, cyclists would be required to dismount and walk for the length of the works.
Dated 11 October 2017
David B. Taylor
Head of Traffic and Transportation