ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: SUT0314201
Transport for London ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A3 GLA ROAD (KINGSTON BY-PASS, ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES AND LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC AND STOPPING) ORDER 2017
1. Transport for London in consultation with Highways England and Surrey County Council hereby gives notice that it intends to make the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable carriageway resurfacing works to take place on the A3 Kingston By-Pass.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from:
(1) entering, exiting, proceeding or stopping on Hook Rise North between the administrative boundary between the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames and Surrey County Council and Hook Junction;
(2) entering, exiting, proceeding or stopping on Hook Rise North between its junctions with Hook Junction and the eastbound carriageway of the A3 Kingston By-Pass;
(3) entering, exiting or proceeding in an easterly direction on A3 Kingston By-Pass between the administrative boundary of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames and Surrey County Council and its junction with Tolworth Rise North / Warren Drive North;
(4) entering, exiting or proceeding on the Beverley Way Service Road fronting Nos. 18 to 154 Beverley Way between its junction with the unnamed slip road connecting the A3 Beverley Way main carriageway with Coombe Lane and its junction with the A3 Beverley Way main carriageway opposite Nos. 120 and 122 Beverley Way. Local access will be maintained;
(5) stopping on the Beverley Way Service Road fronting Nos. 18 to 154 Beverley Way outside Nos. 40 to 46 Beverley Way and between the extended south-eastern building line of No. 60 Beverley Way the administrative boundary of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames and the London Borough of Merton.
The scheme is to be carried out in conjunction with works on the Highways England road network. Local access will be maintained. Works on the main A3 and A309 carriageway not to start before 10:00 PM, works on Beverley Way service road not to start before 9:00 PM The Order will be effective at certain times between 14th October 2017 and 14th April 2018 every night Monday to Saturday from 9:00 PM to 5:00 AM (finishing 5:00 AM each Saturday morning) or when those works have been completed, whichever is the sooner. The prohibitions will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
5. At such times as the prohibitions are in force alternative routes will be indicated by traffic signs via: (for the eastbound closure of A3 Kingston By-Pass) (for vehicles under 4.5 metres in length) Copsem Lane, Warren Lane, High Street, Leatherhead Road, Oxshott Road, Kingston Road, Leatherhead Road, Bridge Road, Moor Lane, Chessington Road, Ruxley Lane and Kingston Road to normal route of travel, (for vehicles over 4.5 metres in length) Copsem Lane, Warren Lane, High Street, Leatherhead Road, Oxshott Road, A243 Leatherhead by-pass, Leatherhead Road, The Street, Epsom Road, Dorking Road, South Street, High Street, Church Street, Upper High Street, Alexandra Road, College Road, Reigate Road, Ewell by-pass, London Road, Stonecot Hill, Tudor Drive, Grand Drive, Bushey Road and Maiden Way to normal route of travel, (for the closure of Hook Rise North between A309 Kingston By-Pass and Hook Junction) A309 Kingston By-Pass to normal route of travel, (for the closure of A309 Kingston By-Pass and vehicles wishing to join A3 Kingston By-Pass at Hook Junction) (for vehicles under 4.5 metres in length) Hook Rise North, Hook Road and join the diversion route above at Bridge Road (for vehicles over 4.5 metres in length) Hook Rise North, Hook Road, Leatherhead Road and join the diversion route above at Kingston Road.
Dated this 29th day of September 2017
Mufti Durowoju Network Impact Management Team Manager, Road Space Management - Operations,
Transport for London Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ