ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: SUT0304202
Transport for London
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A3 GLA ROAD (ROBIN HOOD WAY SERVICE ROAD,
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES)
(20 M.P.H. SPEED LIMIT) EXPERIMENTAL TRAFFIC ORDER 2017
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that on 15th September 2017 it made the above named Experimental Order under sections 9,10(2) and 84 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984.
The Order will come into force on 5th October 2017 and may remain in force for up to 18 months.
2. The road affected by the Order is the A3 GLA Road (Robin Hood Way Service Road, Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames).
3. The general nature and effect of the Order is to introduce a 20 m.p.h speed limit on the A3 GLA Road (Robin Hood Way Service Road) on an experimental basis, in both directions, between No.185 and No.21 Robin Hood Way, with a view to improving road safety for vulnerable road users.
4. Where it appears necessary for certain purposes, Transport for London or any person authorised by them may modify or suspend the Order or any provisions in it, while the Order is in force.
5. In due course Transport for London will be considering whether or not the provisions of the Order should be continued in force indefinitely. Within the period of six months from the coming into force of the Order, or if the Order is subsequently varied by another Order or modified, from the coming into force of that variation or modification (whichever is the latest), any person may object to the making of an Order to continue indefinitely those provisions, Any such objection should be made in writing, giving the grounds on which it is made, and sent to Transport for London, Streets Traffic Order Team, Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ quoting reference RSM/PI/STOT/TRO, GLA/2017/0170. Any objection may be communicated to other persons who may be affected.
6. A copy of the Order, a statement of Transport for London's reasons for the proposals and for proceeding by way of experiment, a map indicating the location and effect of the Order and copies of any Order revoked suspended or varied by the Order can be inspected during normal office hours at the offices of:
? Transport for London ? Environment Services Streets Traffic Order Team Royal Borough of
Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road Guildhall 2
London, SE1 8NJ
Kingston, Surrey KT1 1EU
7. The documents referred to in paragraph 6 will be available for inspection during the period within which objection can be made in accordance with paragraph 5 above.
8. Any person wishing to question the validity of the Order or of any of its provisions on the grounds that they are not within the relevant powers conferred by the Act or that any requirement of the Act has not been complied with, that person may, within six weeks from the date on which the Order is made, make application for the purpose to the High Court.
Dated this 22nd day of September 2017 Mufu Durowoju
Network Impact Management Team Manager Road Space Management - Operations, Transport for London Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ
MAYOR OF LONDON
TRANSPORT FOR LONDON