ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991Notice ID: MF0238010
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS
ORCHARD ROAD, CHESSINGTON
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames, being the traffic authority for Orchard Road, Chessington in the said borough, in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (as amended) HEREBY GIVES NOTICE THAT,tofacilitate acrane operation by London Crane Hire, it intends to make an Order of the effect of which will be to:
a) prohibit vehicular trafficfrom entering, proceeding or remaining
at rest in Orchard Road.
2. The prohibitions specified in paragraph 1above: -
a) shall only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be
indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002.
b) shall not apply to anything done with the permission, or at the direction, of aconstable in uniform or to any vehicles or
pedestrians in connection with the said works.
c) shall not apply to emergency service vehicles.
3. The Order will come into operation on the 10 October 2017 and
will remain in force for eighteen months or until the works are
completed. It is anticipated that the works will take three days.
4. Access to premises on or adjacent to the affected road shall be
maintained insofar as this is reasonably practicable without
interference with execution of the said works.
5. There will be signed diversion routes via Gosbury Hill and Orchard
Gardens and reverse. 22 September 2017
Traffic Manager, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 1EU