ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE - CAVENDISH ROADNotice ID: SUT0291671
WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE - CAVENDISH ROAD
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth, on the 4th September 2017 made an Order to facilitate the Implementation of new traffic calming measures in Cavendish Road ("the works"), the effect of which will be to introduce temporary prohibitions of vehicular and pedestrian traffic in Cavendish Road and part of Tooting Bee Common cycle track, between its junctions with Fernlea Road and Emmanuel Road and the southern end of the underpass at the northwestern section of Tooting Bee Common.
2. Whilst the works take place, no person shall cause or permit:
(a) any vehicle to enter, proceed or wait in Cavendish Road, between the southern kerb-lines of Fernlea Road and Emmanuel Road and the northern end of the underpass at the north-western section of Tooting Bee Common; and
(b) any vehicle or pedestrian to enter, proceed or wait in that part of the Tooting Bee Common cycle track that incorporates the underpass at the junction with the southern end of Cavendish Road.
3. Whilst the Order remains in force alternative routes for vehicles and pedestrians, if available, will be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The Order will come into effect on 11th September 2017 and:
(a) in the case of Cavendish Road will remain in force for a maximum of 18 months or until the works are complete, whichever is the sooner; and
(b) in the case of the Tooting Bee Common cycle track will remain in force for a maximum of 6 months or until the works are complete, whichever is the sooner. The restrictions will only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by the placing of traffic signs.
5. Nothing in the Order applies to:
(a) any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works or any public service or utility vehicle;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police officer in uniform or a civil enforcement officer; or
(c) any vehicle being used for police, fire brigade or ambulance purposes.
6. Further information may be obtained from the Council's Traffic and Engineering Division - telephone number (020) 8487 5279.
Dated this seventh day of September 2017 Town Hall Wandsworth SW18 2PU Paul Martin Chief Executive