MINOR PARKING AMENDMENTS - VARIOUS LOCATIONS (REF. KINGMAP0002)Notice ID: MF0230089
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
MINOR PARKING AMENDMENTS - VARIOUS LOCATIONS (REF. KINGMAP0002)
The Kingston upon Thames (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) Order 201* and The Kingston upon Thames (Charged-For Parking Places) Order 201*.
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames propose to make the above-mentioned Orders under sections 6, 45, 46, 49 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9tothe Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended.
2. The general effect of the Orders would be;
(a) to introduce disabled persons' parking places at the following locations:-
- Elmbridge Avenue, Surbiton - outside No. 63
- Ewell Road, Surbiton - outside Nos. 434-436
- Lenelby Road, Surbiton - outside Nos. 36-38
- Stormont Way, Chessington - outside No. 63 (Vehicles displaying avalid disabled persons' badge may wait in the above parking places without charge or time limit).
(b) to introduce double yellow line "at any time" waiting restrictions at the junction between Douglas Road and Tankerton Road, Surbiton;
(c) in Mayfair Close, Surbiton, to introduce alength of double yellow line "at any time" waiting restriction (outside No. 19);
(d) in Norton Avenue, Surbiton, to introduce alength of double yellow line "at any time" waiting restriction (outside No. 33); and
(e) to modify the traffic order definitions of certain other parking places, waiting restrictions and loading restrictions so they better reflect what is currently on the ground (there would be no change to the way restrictions and parking places currently operate).
3. Acopy of each of the proposed Orders and other documents giving more detailed particulars of the proposed Orders can be inspected at The Information and Advice Centre, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 1EU between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Mondays to Fridays inclusive.
4. Persons desiring to object to any of the proposals or make any other representations in respect of them, should send astatement in writing to that effect and, in the case of an objection, stating the grounds thereof to the Council in this matter to either The Director of Place, Traffic Order Section, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey KT1 1EU or email TMO@kingston.gov.uk, quoting reference KingMap0002 by 25th August 2017.
5. Under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985, any letter you write to the Council in response to this Notice may be made available to the press and to the public who would be entitled to take copies of it if they so wished.
Dated 4th August 2017. IAN BAKER
Team Leader -Parking and Sustainable Transport (Environment)