Transport for London Public NoticeNotice ID: SUT0239856
Transport for London Public Notice
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A217 GLA ROAD (RAM STREET, LONDON BOROUGH OF WANDSWORTH) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC AND STOPPING) ORDER 2017
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it has made the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to allow telecommunication, lighting and resurfacing works to take place on Ram Street.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from entering, exiting, proceeding or stopping on Ram Street between its junctions with Barchard Street and Armoury Way;
The Order will also:
1) suspend the northbound contra-flow bus on Ram Street between its junctions with Armoury Way and Wandsworth High Street;
2) suspend the one way operation on Ram Street between its junctions with Armoury Way and Wandsworth High Street allowing two way operation.
The Order will be effective between 6:00 AM on 24th July 2017 and 11:59 PM on 31st December 2017 or until the works has been completed. The prohibitions will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1 )any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for
fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes; (2)anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police
constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for
5. At such times as the prohibitions are in force an alternative route will be indicated by traffic signs. For Ram Street northern end via Wandsworth High Street, Wandsworth Plain, Armoury Way to normal route of travel. For Ram Street southern end via Armoury Way, Fairfield Street, East Hill, Geraldine Road, Allfarthing Lane, Garratt Lane to normal route of travel or Armoury Way, Fairfield Street, Wandsworth High Street to normal route of travel.
Dated this 20th day of July 2017 Mufu Durowoju
Network Impact Management Team Manager, Road Space Management - Operations,
Transport for London, Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road, London SE1 8NJ