ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMESNotice ID: MF0221901
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS PARAGON PLACE, SURBITON
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames, being the traffic authority for Paragon Place, Surbiton, in the said borough, in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (as amended) HEREBY GIVES NOTICE THAT, in order for UK Power Networks to install new apparatus, it intends to make an Order of the effect of which will be to:
a) Prohibit pedestrian traffic from entering or continuing along Paragon Place (footpath between Berrylands Road and Howard Road).
2. The prohibitions specified in paragraph 1above:-
a) shall only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002.
b) shall not apply to anything done with the permission of or at the direction of aconstable in uniform or to anybody in connection with the works.
c) shall not apply to emergency service vehicles or personnel.
3. The Order will come into operation on the 30th June 2017 and will remain in force for eighteen months or until the works are completed. It is anticipated that the works will last for 21 days.
4. Access to premises on or adjacent to the affected footpath shall be maintained insofar as this is reasonably practicable without interference with execution of the said works.
5. An alternative route exists via Berrylands Road and Howard Road
MERVYN BARTLETT Traffic Manager, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 1EU