ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMESNotice ID: MF0218043
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991
TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS GRASMERE AVENUE, DERWENT AVENUE AND
ROBIN HOOD LANE, KINGSTON
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames, being the traffic authority for the above named roads, in the said borough, in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (as amended) HEREBY GIVES NOTICE THAT, to facilitate gas mains and services replacements on behalf of Southern Gas Networks, it has made an Order of the effect of which will be to:
(a) To allow one way traffic flow only in Robin Hood Lane, between Kingston Vale and Grasmere Avenue.
(b) To prohibit vehicles from turning left or right into Robin Hood Lane from Kingston Vale
(c) To prohibit vehicles from remaining at rest in Robin Hood Lane, between Kingston Vale and Grasmere Avenue.
(d) To prohibit vehicles from remaining at rest in Grasmere Avenue.
(e) To prohibit vehicles from remaining at rest in Derwent Avenue.
(f) To prohibit any vehicle from entering or remaining at rest in Grasmere Avenue between Derwent Avenue and Robin Hood Way
(g) To allow two way traffic in Grasmere Avenue, between Robin Hood Way and Robin Hood Lane, on either side of the central reservation.
2. The prohibitions specified in paragraph 1 above: -
a) shall only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002.
b) shall not apply to anything done with the permission, or at the direction, of a constable in uniform or to any vehicles or pedestrians in connection with the said works.
c) shall not apply to emergency service vehicles.
3. The Order will come into operation on the 9 June 2017 and will remain in force for eighteen months or until the works are completed. It is anticipated that the works will be completed within five months.
4. Access to premises on or adjacent to the affected road shall be maintained insofar as this is reasonably practicable without interference with execution of the said works.
5. Local diversion routes will be sign posted as required.
Mervyn Bartlett, Traffic Manager, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 1EU.