ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMESNotice ID: MF0217892
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS
SURBITON ROAD, KINGSTON
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames, being the traffic authority for Surbiton Road, in the said borough, in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (as amended) HEREBY GIVES NOTICE THAT, to facilitate sewer repair works on behalf of Thames Water, it has made an Order of the effect of which will be to:
(a) To prohibit any vehicle from entering or remaining at rest in Surbiton Road, between Penrhyn Road and Bridle Close.
2. The prohibitions specified in paragraph 1 above: -
a) shall only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002.
b) shall not apply to anything done with the permission, or at the direction, of a constable in uniform or to any vehicles or pedestrians in connection with the said works.
c) shall not apply to emergency service vehicles.
3. The Order will come into operation on the 9 June 2017 and will remain in force for eighteen months or until the works are completed. It is anticipated that the works will be completed within two months.
4. Access to premises on or adjacent to the affected road shall be maintained insofar as this is reasonably practicable without interference with execution of the said works.
5. There will be a signed diversion via Penrhyn Road - Kingston Hall Road - Potsmouth Road - Surbiton Road.
Mervyn Bartlett, Traffic Manager, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 1EU.