ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS COWLEAZE ROAD, ELM CRESCENT AND CANBURY PARK ROAD, KINGSTONNotice ID: MF0216611
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS
COWLEAZE ROAD, ELM CRESCENT AND CANBURY PARK ROAD, KINGSTON
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames, being the traffic authority for the above named roads, in the said borough, in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (as amended) HEREBY GIVES NOTICE THAT, to facilitate a gas main replacement on behalf
of Southern Gas Networks, it intends to make an Order of the effect of which will be to:
a) To close the junction of Cowleaze Road with Richmond Road.
b) To lift the one way restrictions on Cowleaze Road, Elm Crescent and Canbury Park Road and allow two way traffic flow.
2. The prohibitions specified in paragraph 1 above:
a) shall only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002.
b) shall not apply to anything done with the permission, or at the direction, of a constable in uniform or to any vehicles or pedestrians in connection with the said works.
c) shall not apply to emergency service vehicles.
3. The Order will come into operation on the 05 June 2017 and will remain in force for eighteen months or until the works are completed. It is anticipated that the works will take 3 weeks to complete.
4. Access to premises on or adjacent to the affected road shall be maintained insofar as this is reasonably practicable without interference with execution of the said works.
5. A diversion route exists via Cowleaze Road, Elm Crescent, Canbury Park Road, Elm Road, Cross Road, Acre Road and Richmond Road.
Mervyn Bartlett, Traffic Manager, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames KT1 1EU. 19 May 2017