ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS KINGSTON ROAD, NEW MALDENNotice ID: MF0209273
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS KINGSTON ROAD, NEW MALDEN
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames, being the traffic authority for Kingston Road, New Malden, in the said borough, in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (as amended) HEREBY GIVES NOTICE THAT, in order for Delta Tower Cranes Limited to facilitate the dismantling of a tower crane on the development site at 173 Kingston Road, in the said road, it has made an Order of the effect of which will close Kingston Road by prohibiting vehicular traffic from entering into orpreceeding along Kingston Road between Wellington Crescent and St Johns Road.
2. The prohibitions specified in paragraph 1 above: -
a) shall only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be
indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002.
b) shall not apply to anything done with the permission of or at the direction of a constable in uniform or to any vehicles being used in connection with the works.
c) shall not apply to emergency service vehicles.
3. The Order will come into operation on the 15 April 2017 and will remain in force for eighteen months or until the works are completed. It is anticipated that the works will take 2 days to complete.
4. Access to premises on or adjacent to the affected road shall be
maintained insofar as this is reasonably practicable without
interference with execution of the said works.
5. Alternative routes exist via:
Cambridge Road, London Road, Kingston Hill, Galsworthy Road, Coombe Lane West, Traps Lane, Coombe Road, High Street,
Kingston Road and reverse. Dated 14th April 2017.
Traffic Manager, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Hames, KT1 1EU