ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS CAMBRIDGE ROAD, KINGSTONNotice ID: MF0207659
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS CAMBRIDGE ROAD, KINGSTON
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames, being the traffic authority for Cambridge Road, Kingston, in the said borough, in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (as amended) HEREBY GIVES NOTICE THAT, in order for Metro Traffic Services Limited to facilitate the dismantling of a tower crane on the development site at 64 - 80 Cambridge Road, in the said road, it intends to make an Order of the effect of which will close Cambridge Road by prohibiting vehicular traffic from entering into or preceeding along Cambridge Road between Hawks Road and Gloucester Road.
2. The prohibitions specified in paragraph 1 above: -
a) shall only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be
indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002.
b) shall not apply to anything done with the permission of or at the direction of a constable in uniform or to any vehicles being used
in connection with the works.
c) shall not apply to emergency service vehicles.
3. The Order will come into operation on the 19 May 2017 and will
remain in force for eighteen months or until the works are completed.
It is anticipated that the works will take 3 days to complete.
4. Access to premises on or adjacent to the affected road shall be
maintained insofar as this is reasonably practicable without
interference with execution of the said works.
5. Alternative routes exist via:
London Road, Kingston Hill, Galsworthy Road, Coombe Lane
West, Traps Lane, Coombe Road, High Street, Kingston Road and reverse.
Mervyn Bartlett, Traffic Manager,
Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Hames, KT1 1EU
07 April 2017.