ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991Notice ID: MF0194584
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991
TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS CROWN PASSAGE, KINGSTON
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames, being the traffic authority for Crown Passage, Kingston in the said borough, in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (as amended) HEREBY GIVES NOTICE THAT, to facilitate a new service connection by UK Power Networks Ltd, it has made an Order of the effect of which will be to:
a) prohibit pedestrian traffic from entering, proceeding or remaining at rest in Crown Passage between Harrow Passage
and Crown Arcade.
2. The prohibitions specified in paragraph 1 above: -
a) shall only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be
indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002.
b) shall not apply to anything done with the permission, or at the direction, of a constable in uniform or to any vehicles or pedestrians in connection with the said works.
c) shall not apply to emergency service vehicles.
3. The Order will come into operation on the 06 February 2017 and
will remain in force for eighteen months or until the works are
completed. It is anticipated that the works will take approximately
4. Access to premises on or adjacent to the affected road shall be
maintained insofar as this is reasonably practicable without
interference with execution of the said works.
5. There will be a signed diversion route via Church Street, Market
Place and Harrow Passage and reverse.
Mervyn Bartlett, Traffic Manager, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 1EU.
27 January 2017.