ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) BEDFORD HILL, SW12Notice ID: SUT2118966
WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) BEDFORD HILL, SW12
1. The Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that to facilitate alfresco dining and protect the public during the SARS-CoV-2 (coronavirus) pandemic they intend to make a Temporary Traffic Order the effect of which will be to introduce temporary restrictions as set out in paragraph 2 below.
2. Whilst the Order remains in force, no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to proceed, wait or stand in Bedford Hill between its junctions with Balham High Road and Balham Station Road. Access from side roads will also be restricted.
3. The Order shall come into effect on 25 June 2021 and shall remain in force for a maximum period of 18 months.
4. Signed alternative routes for vehicles affected by the closures will be available in adjacent streets
5. The temporary road closure will only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by the placing of traffic signs. The closures will be in force at weekends until 11 July 2021
6. Nothing in the Notice applies to:
(a) any vehicle approved by the Council.
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police officer in uniform or a civil enforcement officer; or
(c) any vehicle being used for police, fire brigade or ambulance purposes.
7. Any vehicle waiting in contravention of any restriction imposed by the Order may be removed under the provisions of the Removal and Disposal of Vehicles Regulations 1986.
8. Further information may be obtained from the Traffic and Engineering division - telephone number (020) 8487 8201, quoting our reference TT1678.
Dated 17 June 2021
Interim Chief Executive
The Town Hall Wandsworth SW18 2PU