ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: MFN0603064
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames hereby gives notice that to facilitate a crane lift and because these works are being executed on or near the carriageway it made an Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below.
2. The Order will come into effect on Monday 29 March 2021 between the hours of 10pm and 5am with works expected to take 1 night to complete. However, the Order will remain in force for 2 months to be re-introduced should further works be required.
3. When the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order will in Victoria Road between its junctions with St Andrew's Road and St James' Road temporarily:-
¦ prohibit all vehicular traffic including pedal cycles from entering or exiting and
¦ introduce waiting restrictions - no waiting 'at any time' and loading restrictions - no loading at any time (including suspension of parking bays).
4. An alternative route for vehicular traffic whilst the closure is in place will be via Victoria Road, Brighton Road, Portsmouth Road, Surbition Road, Maple Road, Claremont Road and vice versa:-
5. Vehicles access to properties adjacent to the prohibited length of road will be maintained at all times insofar as access is reasonably practicable without interference with the said works.
6. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Dated: 25 March 2021
Group Manager - Highways & Transport