London Borough of Sutton Public Notices ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 -SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: SUT1978248
London Borough of Sutton
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 -SECTION 14(1)
1. The Council of the London Borough of Sutton hereby gives notice that in order to facilitate laying new of gas services and because these works are being executed on or near the carriageway it made an Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below
2. The Order will come into effect on Monday 25 January 2021 with works expected to take 1 week to complete, however the Order will remain in force for 3 months should further works be required.
3. When the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order will temporarily prohibit all vehicular traffic from entering or exiting Palmerston Road, Sutton.
4. An alternative route for vehicular traffic whilst the prohibition is in place will be via Vernon Road, Lind Road, Lower Road and vice versa.
5. Vehicles access to properties adjacent to the prohibited length of road will be maintained at all times insofar as access is reasonably practicable without interference with the said works.
6. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Group Manager, Highways and Transport Dated: 21 January 2021