London Borough of Sutton Public NoticesNotice ID: SUT1978217
London Borough of Sutton Public Notices
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Sutton made the following Orders on 18 January 2021 under sections 6, 45, 46, 49 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984', as amended -
(a) The Sutton (Charged-For Parking Places) (Amendment No. 41) Order 2021; and
(b) The Sutton (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) (Amendment No. 41) Order 2021.
2. The principal objectives of the Orders are; (a) introduce disabled bays to provide a parking facility for disabled persons where a high level of parking makes reasonable means of access difficult, and revoke those parking bays that are no longer required; and (b) ensure that the Orders match conditions as they exist out on site.
3. The general effect of the Orders will:-
(a) provide new disabled person's parking places, 6.6 metres in length, in which vehicles displaying a disabled person's badge may park at any time, at the following locations:-
(i) outside No. 49 Collingwood Road, Sutton (in place of the existing Permit Holder parking bay;
(ii) outside Nos. 131 to 137, Grove Lane, Coulsdon;
(iii) outside Nos. 28 to 30 Lavender Road, Carshalton (in place of the existing uncontrolled footway parking bay);
(iv) outside Nos. 24 to 26 Mellows Road, Wallington;
(v) outside Nos. 76 to 79 Stanley Road, Carshalton; and
(vi) outside Nos. 53 to 57 Wallace Crescent, Carshalton
(b) extend existing disabled person's parking place outside No. 37 Tewkesbury Road to 6.6 metres;
(c) revoke existing disabled person's parking places at the following locations:-
(i) outside No. 44 Donnington Road, Worcester Park;
(ii) outside No. 78a Onslow Gardens, Wallington; and
(iii) outside No. 17 Tate Road, Sutton
(d) amend the map-based tiles to the schedule attached to The Sutton (Charged-For Parking Places) Order 2017 and to The Sutton (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) Order 2017 so as to match conditions as they exist on site.
Note: there will be no change to the restrictions as currently marked and signed on- street as a result of this amendment.
4. Copies of the Orders, which will come into force on 1 February 2021 and of the Orders that will be revoked or amended by these Orders, the Council's Statement of Reasons for making the Orders and plans showing the locations and the effects of the Orders may be inspected at the Council's Civic Offices, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, Surrey, SM1 1EA between 9am and 5pm on Monday to Friday.
5. If any person wishes to question the validity of these Orders or of any of their provisions on the grounds that they are not within the powers conferred by the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, or that any requirement of the said Act of 1984 or of any instrument made under the said Act of 1984 has not been complied with, that person may, within 6 weeks from the date on which the Orders were made, apply for the purpose to the High Court.
Dated: 21 January 2021
Issued by Mervyn Bartlett - Group Manager, Highways and Transport - London Borough of Sutton