ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 -SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: MFN0591616
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 -SECTION 14(1)
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames hereby gives notice that in order to facilitate new water service connection and because these works are being executed on or near the carriageway it intends to make an Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below.
2. The Order will come into effect on Monday 1 February 2021, with works expected to take 1 week to complete. However, the Order will remain in force for 3 months to be re-introduced should further works be required.
3. When the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order will temporarily prohibit all vehicular traffic including pedal cycles from entering or exiting Alric Avenue at its junction with Coombe Road.
4. An alternative route for vehicular traffic whilst the closure is in place will be via Coombe Road, Cambridge Avenue, Hoppingwood Avenue and vice versa.
5. Vehicles access to properties adjacent to the prohibited length of road will be maintained at all times insofar as access is reasonably practicable without interference with the said works.
6. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Dated: 7 January 2021
Group Manager - Highways & Transport