LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14M)Notice ID: SUT1960581
London Borough of Merton
LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14M)
CHURCH PATH. MELROSE ROAD AND WATERY LANE (TEMPORARY RESTRICTION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2020
1. The Council of the London Borough of Merton hereby give notice that to facilitate sewer cleaning and survey works In Church Path, Melrose Road and Watery Lane, they have made an Order, the effect of which will be to temporarily restrict vehicular traffic In the said roads.
2. During the works no person will cause or permit any vehicle to:
(a) enter or proceed in:-
(I) Melrose Road, Merton Park; for Its entire length; or
(II) Church Path, between its junction with Church Lane and its junction with Mostyn Road; or
(iii) Watery Lane, between its junction with Church Path and its junction with Manor Road;
(b) wait, including for the purpose of loading or unloading a vehicle, in the length of roads or lengths of road specified in sub-paragraph 2(a)(i) to (iii) above.
3. Any designated parking place, situated in the roads or lengths of road specified in sub-paragraph 2(a)(i) to (iii) above will be suspended for the duration of the works in those roads or lengths of road.
4. The restrictions will only apply during such times and to such extent as will from time to time be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5. Nothing in the Order will apply to: -
(a) any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works; or
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a police community support officer in uniform; or
(c) any vehicle being used for police, fire brigade or ambulance purposes; or
(d) any person requiring vehicular access to properties adjacent to the prohibited roads or lengths of road insofar as access is reasonably practicable without interference with the said works.
6. Vehicular traffic affected by the road closure in Melrose Road should proceed by way of Dorset Road, Sheridan Road and Church Lane or vice-versa. Church Path and Watery Lane are cul-de-sacs.
7. Any vehicle waiting in contravention of any restriction imposed by the Order may be removed under the provisions of the Removal and Disposal of Vehicles Regulations 1986.
8. The Order will come into force on Monday 4th January 2021 and it is expected that the works will be completed over 1 month. However, the Order will remain in force for a period of 12 months should further works be required.
Dated 24 December 2020.
PAUL MCGARRY Head of futureMerton London Borough of Merton
Telephone: 020 8274 4901
Merton Civic Centre London Road, Morden Surrey SM4 5DX