KINGSLEY ROAD N13, LIGHTCLIFFE ROAD N13,Notice ID: WAT1932274
KINGSLEY ROAD N13, LIGHTCLIFFE ROAD N13,
NEW RIVER CRESCENT N13, OSBORNE ROAD
N13, PARK AVENUE N13 AND WINDSOR ROAD
N13, - EXPERIMENTAL INTRODUCTION OF
A ONE-WAY TRAFFIC SYSTEM, A BANNED TURN
AND PROVISION OF 20MPH SPEED LIMIT
Further information may be obtained from
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of The London Borough of Enfield (the Council) on 2 December 2020 made The Enfield (Prescribed Routes) (No. 8) Experimental Traffic Order 2020 and The Enfield (20 m.p.h. Speed Limit) (No. 4) Experimental Traffic Order 2020 under section 9 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984. The Order will come into force on 14 December 2020.
2. The general effect of the Order will be, on an experimental basis, to:
(a) provide a 20 m.p.h. speed limit in the lengths of road specified in the schedule to this notice;
(b) ban any vehicle proceeding in Lightcliffe Road from turning right into Hedge Lane;
(c) impose a one-way traffic system in:
(i) the length of Lightcliffe Road between Osborne Road and Hedge Lane, in a direction towards Hedge Lane;
(ii) the length of New River Crescent between Osborne Road and Hedge Lane, in a direction towards Hedge Lane;
(iii) the length of Osborne Road between Lightcliffe Road and a point 3 metres north-west of the common boundary of Nos. 2 and 4 Osborne Road, in a direction towards Green Lanes; and
(iv) the length of Windsor Road, between Lightcliffe Road and a point 3.5 metres north-west of the common boundary of Nos. 1 and 3 Windsor Road, in a direction towards Lightcliffe Road; and
Pedal cycles will be exempt from these one-way systems and will be allowed to proceed contra-flow.
3. Due to the current Coronavirus pandemic the experimental orders, statement of reasons and plans cannot currently be inspected at the Civic Centre. However, in line with guidance from the Department for Transport, the following alternative arrangements have been made:
(a) the experimental Order, the statement of reasons and plans can be inspected online at:
(b) copies of the documents referred to above can also be obtained by calling the above telephone number, or by emailing traffic@enfield.
or by writing to Traffic & Transportation (quoting reference TG52/1458), Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, Middlesex,
4. The Council will consider in due course whether the provisions of the Order should be continued in force indefinitely by means of permanent Orders made under sections 6 and 84 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984. Any person may object to the making of the permanent Order for the purpose of such indefinite continuation, within a period of six months beginning with the date on which the experimental Orders come into force or, if any of the Orders is varied by another Order or modified pursuant to section 10(2) of the 1984 Act, beginning with the date on which the variation or modification or the latest variation or modification comes into force. Any such objection must be made in writing and must state the grounds on which it is made and be sent to the Head of Traffic and Transportation, the Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3XD, or by e-mail to
, quoting the reference TG52/1458
5. Under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985, any letter you write to the Council in response to this Notice may, upon written request, be made available to the press and to the public, who will be entitled to take copies of it if they so wished.
6. Anyone wishing to question the validity of any of the Orders or of any of its provisions on the grounds that it is not within the powers conferred by the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, or that any requirement of that Act or of any instrument made under that Act has not been complied with, that person may, within 6 weeks from the date on which the Orders were made, apply for the purpose to the High Court.
Dated 2 December 2020
David B. Taylor Head of Traffic and Transportation
Kingsley Road Lightcliffe Road New River Crescent Osborne Road
Park Avenue, from its junction with Green Lanes to its junction with New River Crescent Windsor Road