ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: MFN0585199
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames hereby gives notice that in order to enable maintenance works at the level crossing and because these works are being executed on or near the carriageway it made an Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below.
2. The Order will come into effect on Saturday 14 November 2020, with works expected to take 1 night to complete. However the Order will remain in force for 6 months to be re-introduced should further works be required.
3. When the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order will temporarily prohibit all vehicular traffic including pedal cycles from entering or exiting Elm Road, New Maiden between its junctions with (A2043) Kingston Road and Melrose Gardens.
4. An alternative route for vehicular traffic whilst the closure is in place will be via (A2043) Kingston Road, High Street, New Maiden, Coombe Road, Traps Lane, Langley Grove, Clarence Avenue and vice versa.
5. Vehicles access to properties adjacent to the prohibited length of road will be maintained at all times insofar as access is reasonably practicable without interference with the said works.
6. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Dated: 12 November 2020
Group Manager - Highways & Transport