DENTON ROAD N18, PARK ROAD N18, SILVER STREET N18, SWEET BRIAR WALK N18 AND TANNERS END LANE N18, - EXPERIMENTAL INTRODUCTION OF NO MOTOR VEHICLE RESTRICTION, BANNED TURNS AND WAITING RESTRICTIONS, PROVISION OF 20MPH SPEED LIMIT AND REMOVAL OF PARKING SPACENotice ID: WAT1909639
DENTON ROAD N18, PARK ROAD N18, SILVER STREET N18, SWEET BRIAR WALK N18 AND TANNERS END LANE N18, - EXPERIMENTAL INTRODUCTION OF NO MOTOR VEHICLE RESTRICTION, BANNED TURNS AND WAITING RESTRICTIONS, PROVISION OF 20MPH SPEED LIMIT AND REMOVAL OF PARKING SPACE
Further information may be obtained from Traffic and Transportation at
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of The London Borough of Enfield (the Council) on 11 November 2020 made The Enfield (Waiting and Loading Restriction) (Amendment No. 190) Experimental Traffic Order 2020, The Enfield (20 m.p.h. Speed Limit) (No. 3) Experimental Traffic Order 2020, The Enfield (Event Day) (Parking Places) (Amendment No. 1) Experimental Traffic Order 2020 and The Enfield (Prescribed Routes) (No. 7) Experimental Traffic Order 2020 under sections 9, 10 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984. The Orders referred to in this paragraph will come into force on 23rd November 2020
2. The general effect of the Orders referred to in paragraph 1 of this Notice will be, on an experimental basis:
(a) to compel any vehicle proceeding in Denton Road N18 to turn left into Sweet Briar Walk N18;
(b) to prevent any vehicle proceeding in a southerly direction in Sweet Briar Walk N18 from turning right into Denton Road;
(c) to prevent motor vehicles from entering or proceeding in Park Road N18, between a point 11.5 metres east of the common boundary of Nos. 10 and 12 Park Road and a point 36.5 metres east of that boundary;
(d) on the west side of Tanners End Lane N18, between 6 metres south of the southern kerb-line of Dickens Lane N18 and 17.7 metres south of that kerb-line, to remove event day 'SE' permit holders parking space and replace it with double yellow line 'at any time' waiting restrictions;
(e) on the south-west side of Silver Street N18, outside No. 194 Silver Street, to remove event day 'SE' permit holders parking space for one vehicle (angled parking space);
(f) to provide a 20mph speed limit in Park Road N19, between Victoria Road and Solomon Avenue; and
(g) amend the designation of certain parking places in Tanners End Lane N18 to correct address details given in the Order.
3. Due to the current Coronavirus pandemic the experimental orders, statement of reasons and plans cannot currently be inspected at the Civic Centre. However, in line with guidance from the Department for Transport, the following alternative arrangements have been made:
a) the experimental Orders referred to in paragraph 1, the statement of reasons and plans can be inspected online at:
b) copies of the documents referred to above can also be obtained by calling the above telephone number, or by emailing
or by writing to Traffic & Transportation (quoting reference TG52/1455), Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3XD.
4. The Council will consider in due course whether the provisions of the Orders referred to in paragraph 1 of this Notice should be continued in force indefinitely by means of permanent Orders made under sections 6, 45, 46, 49, 84 and 124 of and part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984. Any person may object to the making of the permanent Orders for the purpose of such indefinite continuation, within a period of six months beginning with the date on which the experimental Orders come into force or, if any of the Orders is varied by another Order or modified pursuant to section 10(2) of the 1984 Act, beginning with the date on which the variation or modification or the latest variation or modification comes into force. Any such objection must be made in writing and must state the grounds on which it is made and be sent to the Head of Traffic and Transportation, the Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3XD, or by e-mail to
, quoting the reference TG52/1455.
5. Under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985, any letter you write to the Council in response to this Notice may, upon written request, be made available to the press and to the public, who will be entitled to take copies of it if they so wished.
6. Anyone wishing to question the validity of any of the Orders or of any of its provisions on the grounds that it is not within the powers conferred by the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, or that any requirement of that Act or of any instrument made under that Act has not been complied with, that person may, within 6 weeks from the date on which the Orders were made, apply for the purpose to the High Court.
Dated 11th November 2020
Head of Traffic and Transportation