ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 THE A297 GLA ROAD (ST HELIER AVENUE, LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF STOPPING) ORDER 2020Notice ID: SUT1902386
Transport for London Public Notice
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A297 GLA ROAD (ST HELIER AVENUE, LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF STOPPING) ORDER 2020
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it has made the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to allow gas main replacement works to take place on St Helier Avenue.
3. The effects of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from stopping on the eastern side on the footway and carriageway at St Helier Avenue between its junction with Middleton Road and outside No.12 Rose Avenue, St Helier Avenue.
The Order will be effective from 07:00 AM 9th November 2020 until 11:59 PM 22nd February 2021 or when the works has been completed. The prohibitions will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
Dated this 5th day of November 2020 Claire Wright
Co-ordination and Permitting Area Manager
Transport for London