ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: WAT1884013
Transport for London Public Notice:
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A3 GLA ROAD (TOLWORTH RISE SOUTH, ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2020
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it has made the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to allow water works to take place on Tolworth Rise South.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from entering or exiting Tolworth Rise South at its junction with Kingston Bypass. The Order will be effective between 10:00 PM on 27th October 2020 and 5:00 AM on 29th October 2020 each night 10:00 PM to 5:00 AM or until the works has been completed. The prohibitions will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
5. At such times as the prohibitions are in force alternative routes will be indicated by traffic signs. For A3 to Tolworth Roundabout via A3 Kingston Bypass southbound, Hook Rise South, Hook Roundabout, eastbound off-slip to Kingston Bypass and Hook Rise North to normal route of travel. For Tolworth Rise South to A3 via Tolworth Roundabout and the southbound slip road to the A3 Kingston Bypass.
Dated this 22nd day of October 2020
Coordination and Permitting Area Manager
Transport for London, Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ