ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) COOMBE LANE WESTNotice ID: MFN0571064
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) COOMBE LANE WEST
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames hereby gives notice that in order to facilitate telecommunications installation works and because these works are being executed on or near the carriageway it intends to make an Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below.
2. The Order will come into effect on Sunday 18 October 2020 with works expected to take 1 month to complete. However, the Order will remain in force for 18 months should further works be required.
3. When the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order will temporarily prohibit all vehicular traffic in Coombe Lane West on its eastbound carriageway at its junction with the slip road exiting from Robin Hood Way.
4. An alternative route for vehicular traffic will be via (A3) Kingston Bypass, (A308) Kingston Hill, (A2043) Cambridge Road, Kingston Road and Burlington Road.
5. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Group Manager - Highways and Transport.
Dated: 17 September 2020