PUBLIC REALM IMPROVEMENTS EXPERIMENTAL SCHEME - PUTNEY HIGH STREET AREANotice ID: SUT1835131
Wandsworth Borough Council
PUBLIC REALM IMPROVEMENTS EXPERIMENTAL SCHEME - PUTNEY HIGH STREET AREA
- The Wandsworth (Waiting and Loading Restriction) (Special Parking Areas) (No. 9) Experimental Order 2020
- The Wandsworth (Putney) (Parking Places) (No. 1) Experimental Order 2020
- The Wandsworth (Prescribed Route) (No. 8) Experimental Order 2020
- The Wandsworth (Loading Bays) (No. 2) Experimental Order 2020
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth on 2 September 2020 made the above Orders under sections 9 and 10 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended by the Local Government Act 1985 and the Traffic Management Act 2004.
2. The general effects of the Orders and measures are detailed In the Schedule to this Notice.
3. Further Information may be obtained from the Traffic and Engineering division - telephone number (020) 8487 5279.
4. Copies of the Orders, which will come Into operation on 14 September 2020, and of documents giving more detailed particulars of the Orders, can be Inspected during normal office hours on Mondays to Fridays Inclusive until the end of a period of six months from the date on which the Orders were made In The Customer Centre, The Town Hall, Wandsworth High Street, London, SW18 2PU.
5. Copies of the Orders may be obtained from the Department of Environment and Community Services at the address given below.
6. Whilst the Orders remain In force the Assistant Director - Traffic and Engineering, or some person authorised by him, may modify or suspend the Orders or any provision contained in them if it appears to him or that other person essential in the interests of the expeditious, convenient and safe movement of traffic or of the provision of suitable and adequate parking facilities on the highway or for preserving or improving the amenities of the area through which any road affected by the Orders run.
7. The Council will consider in due course whether the provisions of the Orders should be reproduced and continued in force indefinitely by means of Orders under sections 6, 45, 46, 49 and 124 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984. Any person wishing to object to the making of Orders for the purpose of such reproduction and continuation may, within the above mentioned period of six months, send a statement in writing of their objection and the grounds on which it is made to the Director of Environment and Community Services at the address below (quoting the reference ES/TMO/1812).
8. Any person desiring to question the validity of the Orders or of any provision contained in them on the grounds that it is not within the relevant powers of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 or that any of the relevant requirements of that Act or of any relevant regulations made under that Act have not been complied with in relation to the Orders may, within six weeks from the date on which the Orders were made, make application for the purpose to the High Court.
Dated this 3 September 2020
PAUL MARTIN Chief Executive Town Hall Wandsworth, SW18 2PU
To permit cycles to proceed in Felsham Road at its junction with Putney High Street and introduce a contraflow cycle lane up to Weimar Street;
Upgrade existing single yellow lines to double yellow lines between 56 and 58 Felsham Road;
To introduce a contra-flow cycle lane in Disraeli Road;
To introduce a Restricted Zone in Felsham Road between Weimar Street and Putney High Street operating at all times, the effect being that no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to wait or stand (including loading and unloading);
To remove the solo motorcycle bay on Montserrat Road in the vicinity of the High Street;
To upgrade the existing single yellow lines on Montserrat Road between Putney High Street and No. 1 Montserrat Road;
To remove the solo motorcycle parking bay in the vicinity of No. 1 Disraeli Road;
To extend the double yellow line on Disraeli Road on its northern side, to a point opposite the western boundary of No. 4a Disraeli Road;
To reduce the length of the loading bay in Lacey Road outside Waitrose to 18 metres and introduce a solo motorcycle bay at northern end of the lay-by.