QUEENSTOWN ROAD AREA EXPERIMENTAL SCHEME - CYCLE ROUTENotice ID: SUT1821961
Wandsworth Borough Council
QUEENSTOWN ROAD AREA EXPERIMENTAL SCHEME - CYCLE ROUTE
- The Wandsworth (Waiting and Loading Restriction) (Special Parking Areas) (No. 6) Experimental Order 2020
- The Wandsworth (Battersea) (Parking Places) (No. 3) Experimental Order 2020
- The Wandsworth (Bus Lanes) (No. 2) Experimental Order 2020
- The Wandsworth (Loading Bay) (No. 1) Experimental Order 2020
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth on 19 August 2020 made the above Orders under sections 9 and 10 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended by the Local Government Act 1985 and the Traffic Management Act 2004.
2. The general effects of the Orders are detailed in the Schedule to this Notice.
3. Further information may be obtained from the Traffic and Engineering division - telephone number (020) 8487 5279.
4. Copies of the Orders, which will come into operation on 31 August 2020, and of documents giving more detailed particulars of the Orders, can be inspected during normal office hours on Mondays to Fridays inclusive until the end of a period of six months from the date on which the Orders were made in The Customer Centre, The Town Hall, Wandsworth High Street, London, SW18 2PU.
5. Copies of the Orders may be obtained from the Department of Environment and Community Services at the address given below.
6. Whilst the Orders remain in force the Assistant Director - Traffic and Engineering, or some person authorised by him, may modify or suspend the Orders or any provision contained in them if it appears to him or that other person essential in the interests of the expeditious, convenient and safe movement of traffic or of the provision of suitable and adequate parking facilities on the highway or for preserving or improving the amenities of the area through which any road affected by the Orders run.
7. The Council will consider in due course whether the provisions of the Orders should be reproduced and continued in force indefinitely by means of Orders under sections 6, 45, 46, 49 and 124 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984. Any person wishing to object to the making of Orders for the purpose of such reproduction and continuation may, within the above mentioned period of six months, send a statement in writing of their objection and the grounds on which it is made to the Director of Environment and Community Services at the address below (quoting the reference ES/TMO/1815).
8. Any person desiring to question the validity of the Orders or of any provision contained in them on the grounds that it is not within the relevant powers of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 or that any of the relevant requirements of that Act or of any relevant regulations made under that Act have not been complied with in relation to the Orders may, within six weeks from the date on which the Orders were made, make application for the purpose to the High Court.
Dated this 20 August 2020
PAUL MARTIN Chief Executive Town Hall Wandsworth, SW18 2PU
- Extend the existing Bus lane operating hours to at any time on Queenstown Road / Garratt Lane
- Upgrade existing single yellow lines to double yellow lines on Queenstown Road
- Remove parking bay (approximately 8 parking spaces) along the eastern kerb-line of Queenstown Road from the junction with Robertson Street up tc the boundary between nos. 48 and 50 and install at any time waiting restriction (double yellow lines) to allow bus lane to be operational 'at any time'.
- Replace the existing parking bay along the southern kerb of Stanley Grove, extending approximately 10m from the junction with Queenstown Road (approximately 2 parking spaces) for a loading bay (operating Monday-Saturday, 7am-9pm, Sunday 9am-4pm, maximum stay 40min).
- Remove parking bay (approximately. 4 parking spaces) along the western kerb of Queenstown Road, extending from the junction with Stanley Grove for 20m and replace with double yellow lines.
- Replace 20m of existing parking bay along the western kerb of Queenstown Road, outside nos. 37 to 41 with a loading bay (operating Monday-Saturday, 7am-9pm, Sunday 9am-4pm, maximum stay 40min).