EXTENSION OF BATTERSEA CONTROLLED PARKING ZONE NEW (B8) SUB-ZONE THESSALY ROAD AREANotice ID: SUT1821985
Wandsworth Borough Council
EXTENSION OF BATTERSEA CONTROLLED PARKING ZONE NEW (B8) SUB-ZONE THESSALY ROAD AREA
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth proposes to make the following Orders under sections 6, 45, 46, 49 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Local Government Act 1985 and the Traffic Management Act 2004:-
- The Wandsworth (Battersea) (Parking Places) (No. ') Order 2020
- The Wandsworth (Waiting and Loading Restriction) (Special Parking Areas) (Amendment No. ') Order 2020
2. The general effect of the Orders would be to extend the Battersea Controlled Parking Zone as a new sub-zone B8 into Ascalon Street, Battersea Park Road (spur road), Belmore Street Blore Close, Condell Road, Corunna Terrace, Deeley Road, Linford Street, Patmore Street, Pensbury Place, Savona Street, Sleaford Street, Stewarts Road and Thessaly Road
3. The following provisions would apply to the extended Controlled Parking Zone:
- parking places would be designated in the roads described in paragraph 2 above;
- parking places would be shared use with the maximum parking period being unrestricted for permit holders and four hours for pay and display. The hours of operation would be 8.30 am to 6.30 pm on Mondays to Saturdays inclusive;
- vehicles which may be left in the parking places during the hours of operation would be either: -
a) passenger vehicles (16 passengers or less) and goods carrying vehicles upon payment of the appropriate charge and displaying a relevant ticket issued by a ticket parking meter (pay and display), motorcycles (exempt from charge); or
b) vehicles displaying either a valid resident permit, a valid visitor permit or a valid business permit appropriate to the B8 sub zone or a disabled person's badge;
- The charge for resident's permits would be 3 months - £66 (online) / £88 (counter), 12 months -£161 (online) / £183 (counter), 1 month (new residents only) - £28 (online) / £50 (counter), greener resident permit - £79 (online) / £101 (counter)
- A £39 premium would be applied pro-rata to second and subsequent permits purchased per household
- the charge for business permits available in all zones would be 3 months - £325 (online) / £347 (counter), 6 months - £581 (online) / £603 (counter), 12 months - £997 (online) / £1,019 (counter), and they would be issued to any person who occupies premises in the B7 sub zone and who uses such premises for non-residential purposes or is employed in those premises and who is the owner of a vehicle of the class mentioned above. For vehicles which carry a prominent and permanent company livery the charge would be 6 months - £435 (online) / £457 (counter), or 12 months - £740 (online) / £762 (counter). For electrically or gas propelled vehicles the charge would be 6 months -£290 (online) / £312 (counter), or 12 months - £495 (online) / £517 (counter);
- the charge for business permits available in one individual sub-zone only would be 3 months - £245 (online) / £267 (counter), 6 months - £444 (online) / £466 (counter), 12 months - £746 (online) / £768 (counter) and they would be issued to any person who occupies premises in the B7 sub zone and who uses such premises for non-residential purposes or is employed in those premises and who is the owner of a vehicle of the class mentioned above. For vehicles which carry a prominent and permanent company livery the charge would be 6 months - £336 (online) / £358 (counter), or 12 months - £558 (online) / £580 (counter). For vehicles which are electrically or gas propelled the charge would be 6 months - £217 (online) / £239 (counter), or 12 months -£370 (online) / £392 (counter);
- the charge for visitors' permits would be £8.45 per day (£4.55 pence per day if the applicant is aged 70 or over or the holder of a disabled person's badge) and for one hour CPZs £3.35 per day (£1.95 pence per day if the applicant is aged 70 or over or the holder of a disabled person's badge) and they would be issued to any household in the B7 sub zone;
- NOTE - All residents' permits would only be valid within the sub zone in which the permit holder resides;
- Wandsworth Borough Council would issue all permits on application being made together with payment of the appropriate charge; and
- generally yellow line waiting restrictions would be imposed in those sections of the roads listed above which are not occupied by parking places. The restrictions would operate between 8.30am and 6.30pm on Mondays to Saturdays inclusive. Existing waiting restrictions, which operate for longer than those hours would remain.
4. Copies of documents and plans giving more detailed particulars of the proposed Orders are available for inspection during normal office hours on Mondays to Fridays in The Customer Centre, The Town Hall, Wandsworth High Street, London, SW18 2PU. The documents would remain available until the end of six weeks from the date on which the Orders are made or, as the case may be, the Council decides not to make the Orders.
5. Further information may be obtained from the Traffic and Engineering Division - telephone number (020) 8871 8044.
6. Any person wishing to object to the proposed Orders should send a statement in writing of their objection and the grounds on which it is made to the Director of Environment and Community Services at the address below (quoting the reference W/ECS/TM01792) by 11 September 2020.
Dated 20 August 2020
PAUL MARTIN Chief Executive Town Hall Wandsworth, SW18 2PU