LONDON BOROUGH OF ENFIELD PALACE GARDENS MULTI-STOREY CAR PARK -AMENDMENT OF OFF-STREET PARKING CONTROLSNotice ID: WAT1752823
LONDON BOROUGH OF ENFIELD PALACE GARDENS MULTI-STOREY CAR PARK -AMENDMENT OF OFF-STREET PARKING CONTROLS
Further information may be obtained from Traffic and Transportation, telephone number 020-8379 3560.
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Enfield (the Council) propose to make the Enfield (Off-Street Parking Places) (Amendment No.*) Order 202* under sections 32, 33, 35 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended.
2. The general effect of the Order would be to amend the Enfield (Off-Street Parking Places) (No.1) Order 2015 so as to alter the parking controls in the Palace Gardens Multi-Storey Car Park by formalising the controls throughout the car park and introducing a new parking payment system.
3. The car park would be open from 7 a.m. to 7.30 p.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays, from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Thursdays and Fridays, and from 8.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. on Sundays. Charges for parking would apply from 7.30 a.m. to6.30p.m. on Mondays to Saturdays andfrom 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sundays. Parking in the car park will only be permitted during these opening hours.
4. The parking charges and times at which parking charges would apply would be as detailed in the Schedule to this Notice. Notwithstanding these charges, Disabled Badge holders would not be charged for the first 3 hours of parking time. Otherwise the same charges would apply.
The parking charges and times at which parking charges would apply would be as detailed in the Schedule to this Notice. Notwithstanding these charges, Disabled Badge holders would not be charged for the first 3 hours of parking time. Otherwise the same charges would apply.
5. Due to the current Coronavirus pandemic the draft order, statement of reasons cannot currently be inspected at the Civic Centre. However, in line with guidance from the Department for Transport, the following alternative arrangements have been made:
a) The draft order and statement of reasons can be inspected online at:
? https://new.enfield.gov.uk/services/roads-and-transport/ traffic-management-orders/
b) Copies of the draft order and statement of reasons can also be obtained by calling the above telephone number, or by emailing email@example.com or by writing to Traffic & Transportation (quoting reference TG1427), Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3XD.
6. Persons desiring to object to the proposed Order, or make any other representations, should send a statement in writing to that effect, and in the case of an objection stating the ground thereof, to the Head of Traffic and Transportation, the Civic Centre, Silver Street, Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3XD, quoting the reference TG1427 by 8th July 2020, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: Should you wish to discuss the proposals in more detail with a Council officer, please ring the above-mentioned telephone number to arrange a mutually convenient time.
7. Under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985, any letter you write to the Council in response to this Notice may, upon written request, be made available to the press and to the public, who would be entitled to take copies of it if they so wished.
Dated 17 June 2020
David B Taylor Head of Traffic and Transportation
Monday to Saturday 7.30am to 6.30pm
Up to 1 hour £1.40
1 to 3 hours £2.80
3 to 5 hours £5.00
Over 5 hours £8.00
Sunday 10am to 5pm
No charge up to 3 hours
3 to 5 hours £5.00
Over 5 hours £8.00