LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: SUT1571194
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Sutton propose to make the following Orders under sections 6, 45, 46, 49, 84 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended -
(a) The Sutton (Speed Limit) (20mph) (Stavordale Road Area) (No.*) Order 201*;
(b) The Sutton (Charged-For Parking Places) (Amendment No. *) Order 201*; and
(c) The Sutton (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) (Amendment No. *) Order 201*
2. The general effect of the Orders would be to introduce a 20mph speed limit zone in Kelso Road, Kinloss Road, Lindores Road, Lovett Drive, Newstead Walk, Robertsbridge Road, between its junctions with Middleton Road and Wrythe Lane, St Benet's Grove and Stavordale Road.
3. Amend the map-based tiles to the schedule attached to The Sutton (Charged-For Parking Places) Order 2017 and to The Sutton (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) Order 2017 to match conditions as they exist on site.
4. NOTICE IS ALSO HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Sutton proposes, under section 90A and 90C of the Highways Act 1980 to construct
- the type of road hump known as "speed table" in Grennell Road at its junction with Rosehill Park West with an overall length of 17.6 metres including ramps which would each have a gradient of 1:5. The "speed table" would be an elevated section of carriageway with a flat top, 35 millimetres higher at its highest point than the surrounding carriageway; and
- a "road hump" in Tate Road at its junction with Western Road with an overall length of 5.4 metres including ramps which would each have a gradient of 1:5 the road hump would be an elevated section of carriageway with a flat top, 75 millimetres higher at its highest point than the surrounding carriageway.
5. Copies of the proposed Orders, of the Council's Statement of Reasons for proposing to make the Orders (and of the Orders that would be revoked or amended by the proposed Orders) and plans showing the locations and the effects of the proposals may be inspected at the Council's Environment, Housing and Regeneration Offices at 24 Denmark Road, Carshalton between 9 am and 5 pm on Monday to Friday.
6. If you would like to make comments on the proposals you can do so by filling in an on-line consultation response form which can be found on our web pages
under "view our Permanent Traffic Order Consultations" selecting "Notices of Proposals" then "SuttMap1080"
Alternatively please send them to The Technical Operations Team, Highways and Transport, Kingston & Sutton Shared Environment Service, London Borough of Sutton, 24 Denmark Road, Carshalton, Surrey, SM5 2JG by 13 February 2020 please quote the following reference SuttMap1080.
7. FURTHER NOTICE IS ALSO HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Sutton has approved under section 23 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 to provide a zebra crossing with cycle facility in Wrythe Lane at its entrance to Rose Hill Park East the overall length of the crossing and regulatory zig-zag markings will be approximately
Associated zig-zag markings on which vehicles would be prohibited from stopping and overtaking at all times, would be placed on the carriageway either side of the pedestrian crossing extending up to a maximum of 19 metres either side of the crossing. Dated: 23 January 2020 Issued by Mervyn Bartlett -Group Manager, Highways and Transport -London Borough of Sutton
Mervyn Bartlett -Group Manager, Highways and Transport -
Note: Persons responding to the proposed Orders should be aware that the Council may be legally obliged to disclose the information provided to third parties.