ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: SUT1559921
Transport for London
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A3 GLA ROAD (MALDEN JUNCTION, ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2020
1. Transport for London in consultation with the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames hereby gives notice that it has made the named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable resurfacing works to take place at Maiden Junction.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from:
(1) entering or proceeding on the eastbound exit slip of the 3 Maiden Way between it junctions with A3 Maiden Way and Maiden Junction;
(2) entering or proceeding on the westbound exit slip of the A3 Maiden Way between it junctions with A3 Maiden Way and Maiden Junction;
(3) entering, exiting or proceeding on Maiden Junction Roundabout;
(4) entering or proceeding on Maiden Road northbound between its junctions with Church Road and Wickham Close, local access maintained;
(5) entering, exiting or proceeding on Maiden Road between its junctions with Wickham Close and Bodley Road;
(6) entering or proceeding on Maiden Road southbound between its junctions with Burlington Road and Bodley Road, local access maintained.
Local access will be maintained. Works will be phased such that not all restrictions may apply at any one time. The Order will be effective at certain times between 17th January 2020 and 30th September 2020 every night between 9:00 PM and 5:00 AM or when the works have been completed whichever is the sooner. The prohibition will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
5. At such times as the prohibitions are in force alternative routes will be indicated by traffic signs.
(1) For A3 Maiden Way eastbound to Maiden Road via A3 Maiden Way, A3 exit slip to Shannon Corner and Burlington Road to normal route of travel;
(2) For A3 Maiden Way westbound to Maiden Road via A3 Maiden Way, A3 exit slip to Tolworth Roundabout, Kingston Road, Ewell By-pass, London Road, Cheam Common Road and Central Road to normal route of travel;
Dated this 16th day of January 2020 Claire Wright
Co-ordination & Permitting Manager
Transport for London, Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ