London Borough of Sutton Public NoticesNotice ID: SUT1558900
London Borough of Sutton Public Notices
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Sutton propose to make the following Orders under sections 6, 45, 46, 49, 84 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended -
(a) The Sutton (Charged-For Parking Places) (Amendment No. *) Order 201*;
(b) The Sutton (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) (Amendment No. *) Order 201*;
(c) The Sutton (Prescribed Route) (One-Way) (No. *) (Amendment No. ?) Order201*; and
(d) The Sutton (Speed Limit) (20mph) (Thornton Road) (No. *) (Amendment No. *) Order 201*.
2. The general effect of the Orders would be to accommodate changes to the existing Tweeddale Road, Thornton Road and Wrythe Lane junction requiring the need to redefine the extents of the existing:-
- speed limit in Thornton Road
- One-Way working in Tweeddale Road; and
- double yellow line 'at any time' waiting restrictions in Thornton Road, Tweeddale Road and Wrythe Lane.
3. FURTHER NOTICE IS ALSO HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Sutton proposes, under section 90A and 90C of the Highways Act 1980 to construct the type of road humps known as an "entry treatment" in Tweeddale Road at its junction with Thornton Road with an overall length of 8.33 metres in a north-west direction including ramps which would each have a gradient of 1:20.
The 'entry treatment would be an elevated section of carriageway with a flat top, 75 millimetres higher at its highest point than the surrounding carriageway.
4. Copies of the proposed Orders, of the Council's Statement of Reasons for proposing to make the Orders and plans showing the locations and the effects of the proposals may be inspected at the Council's Environment, Housing and Regeneration Offices at 24 Denmark Road, Carshalton between 9 am and 5 pm Monday to Friday.
5. If you would like to make comments on the proposals you can do so by filling in an on-line consultation response form which can be found on our web pages
under "view our Permanent Traffic Order Consultations" selecting "Notices of Proposals" and then "SuttMap 1079".
Alternatively please send them to The Technical Operations Team, Highways and Transport, Kingston & Sutton Shared Environment Service, London Borough of Sutton, 24 Denmark Road, Carshalton, Surrey, SM5 2JG by 6 February 2020 please quote the following reference SuttMap 1079.
Group Manager, Highways and Transport
Dated: 16 January 2020