Transport for London ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: SUT1548901
Transport for London
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A3 GLA ROAD (MALDEN JUNCTION, ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2020
1. Transport for London in consultation with the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames hereby gives notice that it intends to make the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable resurfacing works to take place at Malden Junction.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from:
(1 )entering or proceeding on the eastbound exit slip of the A3 Malden Way between it junctions with A3 Malden Way and Malden Junction;
(2)entering or proceeding on the westbound exit slip of the A3 Malden Way between it junctions with A3 Malden Way and Malden Junction;
(3)entering, exiting or proceeding on Malden Junction Roundabout
(4)entering or proceeding on Malden Road northbound between
its junctions with Church Road and Wickham Close, local
(5)entering, exiting or proceeding on Malden Road between its junctions with Wickham Close and Bodley Road;
(6)entering or proceeding on Malden Road southbound between its junctions with Burlington Road and Bodley Road, local access maintained.
Local access will be maintained. Works will be phased such that not all restrictions may apply at any one time. The Order will be effective at certain times between 17th January 2020 and 30th September 2020 every night between 9:00 PM and 5:00 AM or when the works have been completed whichever is the sooner. The prohibition will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1)any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire
brigade, ambulance or police purposes; (2)anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police
constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for
5. At such times as the prohibitions are in force alternative routes will be indicated by traffic signs.
(1) For A3 Malden Way eastbound to Malden Road via A3 Malden Way, A3 exit slip to Shannon Corner and Burlington Road to normal route of travel;
(2) For A3 Malden Way westbound to Malden Road via A3 Malden Way, A3 exit slip to Tolworth Roundabout, Kingston Road, Ewell By-pass, London Road, Cheam Common Road and Central Road to normal route of travel;
Dated this 9th day of January 2020
Co-ordination & Permitting Manager
Transport for London, Palestra,
197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ
MAYOR OF LONDON
TRANSPORT FOR LONDON