M1 AND M25 MOTORWAYS &AND A405 TRUNK ROAD TEMPORARY TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONSNotice ID: MF0528960
M1 AND M25 MOTORWAYS &AND A405 TRUNK ROAD TEMPORARY TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS
Notice is hereby given that Highways England Company Limited intends to make an Order on the M1 and M25 Motorways, and A405 Trunk Road, in the County of Hertfordshire and theLondon Borough of Barnet, under Sections 14(1)(a) and 14(1)(c) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 because works areproposed to be executed on the road. The effect of the Order would be, in phases, to:-
1. authorise the overnight closureof-
(a) both carriageways of the M1 between Junction 1(A406) and Junction 8(A414);
(b) sections of both carriageways of the M25 between Junction 14 (A3113/Heathrow Spur Road) and Junction 26 (A121)
(c) both carriageways of the A405 between M1 Junction 6and M25 Junction 21A roundabout;
(d) any slip/link road leading to and from the lengths of carriageway described in 1. (a) to (c) above;
(e) the entire circulatory system at M25 Junction 21A(A405), M25 Junction 23 (A1(M)/A1) and M25 Junction 25 (A10); and
(f) the hardshoulder adjacent to the lengths of carriageway and slip/link roads described in 1. (a) to (d) above;
2. impose amandatory overnight 50mph speed limit on the lengths of carriageway,sliproads and roundabouts described in 1. above;
3. impose an overnight temporary 10mph speed restriction while traffic is escorted through the works area by aconvoysystem, on the lengths of carriageway and slip/link roads described in 1. (a) to (d) above;
4. authorise the overnight suspension of the Motorway Regulations prohibiting use of the outside lane by HGVs on the lengths of carriageway described in 1. (a) and (b) above;
5. authorise the overnight use of the hardshoulder adjacent to the lengths of carriageway described in 1. (a) to (c), and any slip/link road described in 1. (e), above;
6. authorise the overnight closureofany lay-by,bus stop or gap in the central reservation adjacent to the lengths of carriageway described in 1. (c) above; and
7. authorise the overnight closureofany side road at junction with the lengths of carriageway described in 1. (c) above.
These measures would be in the interests of road safety while contractors undertake Programmed Cyclical Maintenance (drainage, lighting, signage, inspections and surveys, maintenance and clearance of vegetation, litter picking and clearance, road sweeping, emergency crossing point maintenance, electrical loop works, road markings and road studs, and clearance of injurious weeds).
The duration of each closure would vary depending on the nature of the maintenance work being undertaken on each occasion. The programme of works would start on or after 1st January 2020. The overnight closures would be in operation between (maximum period):
Saturdays 22:00 -06:00
Sundays 22:30 -05:30
Planned maintenance work would be scheduled to avoid disruption during known peak periods, although essential maintenance may be necessary during these periods to prevent the need for emergency works. In such cases less disruptive options would be considered. The Order would come into force on 1st January 2020 and remain in force until 23rdDecember 2020.
Traffic affected by the closures would be diverted via other junctions of the M1, M25 and A405 or by using the M4, M11, M40, A1 A1(M), A4,
A10, A41, A404, A406, A411, A412, A414, A1081, A3113 and the A5183.
The diversion routes listed arethe agreed routes, but these may change depending on local conditions.
Acopy of the M1, M25 and A405 Cyclical Maintenance Programme and the intended diversion routes areavailable from the Customer Contact Centreon 0300 123 5000 or email at
. The temporary speed limits, closures and diversion routes would be clearly indicated by traffic signs when they areinoperation during the works period.
JDownham, an Official of Highways England Co Ltd.
Ref: HE/SE/2020/AREA5MWAY/CMO, ...M25/CMO, ...AREA5TRUNKS/CMO Highways England Company Limited, (Company No. 9346363). Registered Office: Bridge House, Walnut Tree Close, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4LZ. Acompany registered in England and Wales. For enquiries, please contact the Customer Contact Centreon
0300 123 5000 or