INTRODUCTION OF PERMIT PARKING AREA -IN AND AROUND BROWNS ROAD, SURBITONNotice ID: MF0524099
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
INTRODUCTION OF PERMIT PARKING AREA -IN AND AROUND BROWNS ROAD, SURBITON (REF. KINGMAP0026)
The Kingston upon Thames (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) (Amendment No. 16) Order 2019 and The Kingston upon Thames (Charged-For Parking Places) (Amendment No. 16) Order 2019.
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames made the above-mentioned Orders on 28th October 2019 under sections 6, 45, 46, 49 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9tothe Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended.
2. The general effect of the Orders, which will come into force on 11th November 2019, will be to introduce asystem of controlled parking (known as aPermit Parking Area ? PPA) in Alpha Road, Britannia Road, Browns Road, King Charles Crescent, Mayberry Place, Middle Green Close, South Place and Warwick Grove, Surbiton. The Orders relating to this PPA provide that:
- the hours of control (the "permitted hours") in the PPA to apply on Monday to Friday between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.;
- vehicles which may be left in the PPA during its permitted hours are those displaying avalid resident's or resident's visitor permit relating to this PPA;
- resident's permits to be issued by the Council, on application being made together with payment of the appropriate charge, to any person residing in Alpha Road, Britannia Road, Browns Road, King Charles Crescent, Mayberry Place, Middle Green Close, South Place and Warwick Grove, Surbiton;
- the charge for each resident's permit to be £90 for 12 months, £57 for 6months or £34 for 3months;
- the charge for resident's visitor permits to be £1.50 each (1 permit per day).
Please note: the abovementioned roads include those which were first advertised as the 'Browns Road PPA' - see notice published on 17th January 2019, ref. KingMap0020.
3. The Orders and other documents giving more detailed particulars including plans showing the locations and effect of the Orders are available for inspection until 16th December 2019 at The Information and Advice Centre, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 1EU between 9a.m. and 5p.m. on Mondays to Fridays inclusive.
4. For further information, telephone 'Environment' on 020 8547 5002.
5. Any person desiring to question the validity of the Orders or of any provision contained therein on the grounds that it is not within the relevant powers of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 or that any of the relevant requirements thereof or any relevant regulations made thereunder have not been complied with in relation to the Orders may make application for the purpose to the High Court by 16th December 2019.
Dated 31st October 2019.
Group Manager ?Highways and Transport (Communities)