ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: WAT1421103
Transport for London
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A406 GLA ROAD (NORTH CIRCULAR ROAD, LONDON BOROUGH OF BARNET) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2019
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it intends to make the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable bridge examination works to take place on the A406 North Circular Road.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit:
(1) westbound vehicle to enter, exit or proceed on the A406 North Circular Road on the slip road linking Staples Corner Roundabout with the westbound carriageway of the A406 North Circular Road;
(2) eastbound vehicle to enter, exit or proceed on the A406 North Circular Road on the slip road linking Adrian Avenue with the westbound carriageway of the A406 North Circular Road.
The Order will be effective each night between 10:00 PM to 06:00 AM from 5th December 2019 until 7th December 2019 or when the works have been completed whichever is the sooner. The prohibition will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
5. At such times as the prohibition is in force an alternative route will be indicated by traffic signs via: [for westbound traffic] Staples Corner Roundabout, M1 Roundabout, A460 North Circular Road, Brent Cross Roundabout and A406 North Circular Road to normal route of traffic. [for eastbound traffic] A406 North Circular Road, Randall Avenue and Tanfield Avenue and to normal route of travel.
Dated this 24th day of October 2019
Co-ordination and Permitting Area Manager
Transport for London