WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES REPLINGHAM ROAD, CLONMORE STREET, HEYTHORP STREET AND ELSENHAM STREET, SW18Notice ID: SUT1399226
WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES REPLINGHAM ROAD, CLONMORE STREET, HEYTHORP STREET AND ELSENHAM STREET, SW18
1. The Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth HEREBY GIVES
NOTICE that to facilitate works to improve the public realm in the Southfields area and in particular in Replingham Road. Clonmore Street, Heythorp Street and Elsenham Street, ("the works") they have made an Order, the effect of which will be to introduce staged temporary road closures for parts of the aforesaid streets as set out in paragraph 2 below.
2. The areas which will be subject to road closures are:
(a) Clonmore Street for a distance of 20 metres at its junction with Replingham Road;
(b) Elsenham Street for a distance of 20 metres at its junction with Replingham Road; and
(c) Replingham Road for a distance of 30 metres on each side of its junction with Heythorp Street and Heythorp Street for a distance of 20 metres from its junction with Replingham Road.
3. The anticipated dates when the road closures will be introduced and the
likely period for which they will be closed to traffic are, respectively:
(a) 21 st October 2019 for a period of 2 weeks;
(b) 20th January 2020 for a period of 2 weeks; and
(c) a date yet to be fixed in March or April 2020 for a period of 4 weeks.
4. When any one road closure is in force, alternative routes will be
signposted using one or more of the adjoining side streets, including Engadine Street and Brookwood Road. In stage (b) of the works, when Elsenham Street is closed at its junction with Replingham Road, the one-way working in Elsenham Street will be suspended to allow local vehicular access to and from the direction of Brookwood Road.
5. Whilst the works take place, no person shall cause or permit any vehicle,
including pedal cycles, to enter or proceed along any of the streets or parts thereof as are specified in paragraph 2 above.
6. Pedestrian access will be maintained at all times.
7. The Order will come into effect on 21st October 2019 and will remain in
force for a maximum of 18 months. The works are anticipated to be complete as indicated in paragraph 3. The temporary road closure would only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by the placing of traffic signs.
8. Nothing in the Order applies to:
(a) any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works or any public service or utility vehicle;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police officer in uniform or a civil enforcement officer; or
(c) any vehicle being used for police, fire brigade or ambulance purposes.
9. Any vehicle waiting in contravention of any restriction imposed by the
Order may be removed under the provisions of the Removal and Disposal of Vehicles Regulations 1986.
10. Further information may be obtained from the Traffic and Engineering division - telephone number (020) 8487 5279, quoting our reference TT1641.
Dated 11 October 2019
The Town Hall
PAUL MARTIN Chief Executive