MINOR PARKING AMENDMENTS - VARIOUS LOCATIONS (REF. KINGMAP0015)Notice ID: MF0519602
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
MINOR PARKING AMENDMENTS - VARIOUS LOCATIONS (REF. KINGMAP0015)
The Kingston upon Thames (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) (Amendment No. 13) Order 2019 and The Kingston upon Thames (Charged-For Parking Places) (Amendment No. 13) Order 2019
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames made the above-mentioned Orders on 7th October 2019 under sections 6, 45, 46, 49 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9tothe Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended.
2. The general effect of the Orders, which will come into force on 14th October 2019, will be;
(a) to introduce adisabled persons' parking place in Hartfield Road, Chessington (outside No. 82)
(Vehicles displaying avalid disabled persons' badge may wait in the above parking place without charge or time limit);
(b) to remove an existing disabled persons' parking place in Orme Road, Kingston (outside Nos. 59-61);
(c) to introduce asingle yellow line waiting restriction in George Road, Kingston (on the south side, at its junction with Warren Road) to apply Mondays to Fridays, from 8.00 to 9.30 a.m. and from 2.30 to 4.30 p.m.; and
(d) to modify the traffic order definitions of certain other parking places and waiting restrictions so they better reflect what is currently on the ground (there would be no change to the way restrictions and parking places currently operate).
3. The Orders and other documents giving more detailed particulars including plans showing the locations and effect of the Orders are available for inspection until 18th November 2019 at The Information and Advice Centre, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 1EU between 9a.m. and 5p.m. on Mondays to Fridays inclusive.
4. For further information, telephone 'Environment' on 020 8547 5002.
5. Any person desiring to question the validity of the Orders or of any provision contained therein on the grounds that it is not within the relevant powers of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 or that any of the relevant requirements thereof or any relevant regulations made thereunder have not been complied with in relation to the Orders may make application for the purpose to the High Court by 18th November
Dated 10th October 2019.
Group Manager - Highways and Transport (Communities)