Town and Country Planning THE LONDON BOROUGH OF WANDSWORTH Sections 69 and 70 of the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 Designation of the Old York Road Conservation AreaNotice ID: SUT1377057
Town and Country Planning THE LONDON BOROUGH OF WANDSWORTH Sections 69 and 70 of the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 Designation of the Old York Road Conservation Area
Notice is hereby given that the London Borough of Wandsworth (the Council), in pursuance of its powers under section 69 of the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 has determined that the area described in the Schedule below is an area of special architectural or historic interest, the character or appearance of which it is desirable to preserve or enhance. The Council has therefore designated this area as a conservation area which is to be known as the Old York Road Conservation Area.
The effect of designation as a conservation area is as follows:
1. It preserves or enhances the character and appearance of the conservation area as an area of special architectural or historic interest and the Council is under a duty to formulate its proposals for its preservation or enhancement.
2. In carrying out any functions under the Planning Acts in relation to conservation areas (and in particular determining applications for planning permission and listed building consent) the Council is under a duty to pay special attention to the desirability of preserving or enhancing the character or appearance of those areas.
3. Consent is required for the demolition of any building and may be needed for demolition of gates, fences walls and railings. It is a criminal offence to carry out demolition in a conservation area without planning permission
4. Consent is required for certain external works to dwelling houses which would otherwise be "permitted development" as defined in the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015.
5. Consent may be required for alterations, extensions or changes of use of shops, cafes, takeaways, financial services, offices etc.
6. Consent is required to carry out works to trees and six weeks' notice in writing must be given to the Council before any works are carried out to a tree in a conservation area. It is a criminal offence to cut down, lop, top or uproot a tree in a conservation area without giving this written notice.
7. There are certain restrictions over the display of outdoor advertisements.
The properties included in the Old York Road Conservation Area are shown in the Schedule below and on a map which can be viewed at:
old_york_road_ca.AuroraScript%24&nocache=1935277173&resize=always or at the Council's offices at the Town Hall, Wandsworth High Street, London SW18 2PU during normal office hours.
Director of Environment & Community Services September 2019
List of properties included in the Old York Road Conservation Area:
79-89 (odd) Alma Road, SW18 1AQ
50-96 (evens) Alma Road, SW18 1AH
1-49 (odd) and 2-50 (evens) Ballantine Street, SW18 1AL
25-65 (odd) and 20-60 (evens) Bramford Road, SW18 1AP
1-46 (consecutive) Dalby Road, SW18 1AW
Coach House Yard, Ebner Street, SW18 1BY
2-4 (evens) Edgel Street, 1SR
7 Lovetts Place, SW18 1LD
Masumins Kiosk, Station Forecourt, and Wandsworth Town Railway Station, Old York Road, SW18 1SU
499-519 (odd) Old York Road, SW18 1TF
521-541 (odd) Old York Road, SW18 1TG
545- 551 (odd) Old York Road, SW18 1TQ
328-360 (evens) Old York Road SW18 1SS
364- 374 (evens) Old York Road SW18 1SP
Blenheim House and 1-5 (consecutive) Podmore Road, SW18 1AJ
69-73 Tonsley Hill, SW18 1BW