DISABLED PERSONS' PARKING PLACES -VARIOUS LOCATIONS (REF. KINGMAP0029)Notice ID: MF0443234
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
DISABLED PERSONS' PARKING PLACES -VARIOUS LOCATIONS (REF. KINGMAP0029)
The Kingston upon Thames (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) (Amendment No. *) Order 201*; and The Kingston upon Thames (Charged-For Parking Places) (Amendment No. *) Order 201*.
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames propose to make the above-mentioned Orders under sections 6, 45, 46, 49 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9tothe Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended.
2. The general effect of the Orders would be;
(a) to introduce disabled persons' parking places at the following locations:-
- Beaconsfield Road, Surbiton - outside No. 20. An existing double yellow line "at any time" waiting restriction would be lengthened outside No. 22;
- Douglas Road, Surbiton - outside No. 26;
- Finlays Close, Chessington -outside No. 10;
- Gibson Close, Chessington -outside Nos. 5-6;
- Penrith Road, New Malden - outside No. 34;
- Shrewsbury Close, Surbiton -outside Nos. 42-44; and
- Verona Drive, Surbiton -opposite Nos. 21-23
(Vehicles displaying avalid disabled persons' badge may wait in the above parking places without charge or time limit).
(b) to modify the traffic order definitions of certain other parking places and waiting restrictions so they better reflect what is currently on the ground (there would be no change to the way restrictions and parking places currently operate).
3. Acopy of each of the proposed Orders and other documents giving more detailed particulars of the proposed Orders can be inspected at The Information and Advice Centre, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 1EU between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Mondays to Fridays inclusive.
4. Persons desiring to object to any of the proposals or make any other representations in respect of them, should send astatement in writing to that effect and, in the case of an objection, stating the grounds thereof to the Council in this matter to either The Director of Communities, Traffic Order Section, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey KT1 1EU or email
, quoting reference KingMap0029 by 25th July 2019.
Dated 4th July 2019.
Group Manager -Highways and Transport (Environment)
Note: Persons responding to the proposed Orders should be aware that the Council may be legally obliged to disclose the information provided to third parties.