ADDITIONAL WAITING RESTRICTIONS -VARIOUS LOCATIONS (REF. KINGMAP0021)Notice ID: MF0441861
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
ADDITIONAL WAITING RESTRICTIONS -VARIOUS LOCATIONS (REF. KINGMAP0021)
The Kingston upon Thames (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) (Amendment No. 9) Order 2019 and The Kingston upon Thames (Charged-For Parking Places) (Amendment No. 9) Order 2019
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames made the above-mentioned Orders on 24th June 2019 under sections 6, 45, 46, 49 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended.
2. The general effect of the Orders, which will come into force on 1st July 2019, will be;
(a) to introduce additional double yellow line waiting restrictions in; Ashcroft Road, Chessington (between Nos. 4-14); and at the junction between Kent Way and Tolworth Road, Surbiton;
(b) to lengthen existing double yellow line waiting restrictions in; Davis Road, Chessington (outside No. 7, Compass Business Park); Fircroft Road, Chessington (at the side of No. 27, Cox Lane); Moor Lane, Chessington (opposite Nos. 81-85);
(c) in Oakcroft Road, Chessington (outside Merlin House), to introduce asingle yellow line waiting restriction (to apply between 7a.m. and 7p.m.);
(d) in Oakcroft Road (throughout the length of existing double yellow line waiting restriction directly south-west of its junction with Oakcroft Villas) and in Oakcroft Villas (on the south side, at its junction with Oakcroft Road), Chessington, to introduce aloading restriction (to apply between 7a.m. and midnight); and
(e) to modify the traffic order definitions of certain other parking places and waiting restrictions so they better reflect what is currently on the ground (there would be no change to the way restrictions and parking places currently operate).
3. The Orders and other documents giving more detailed particulars including plans showing the locations and effect of the Orders are available for inspection until 5th August 2019 at The Information and Advice Centre, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 1EU between 9a.m. and 5p.m. on Mondays to Fridays inclusive.
4. For further information, telephone 'Environment' on 020 8547 5002.
5. Any person desiring to question the validity of the Orders or of any provision contained therein on the grounds that it is not within the relevant powers of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 or that any of the relevant requirements thereof or any relevant regulations made thereunder have not been complied with in relation to the Orders may make application for the purpose to the High Court by 5th August 2019.
Dated 27th June 2019. MERVYN BARTLETT
Group Manager - Highways and Transport (Communities)