ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: WAT1203907
Transport for London
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A1 GLA ROAD (BARNET WAY/STIRLING CORNER/BARNET BY-PASS, LONDON BOROUGH OF BARNET) (40 MPH SPEED LIMIT) ORDER 2019
1. Transport for London, hereby gives notice that it intends to make the above named Order under section 84 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984.
2. The general nature and effect of the Order will be to impose a speed limit of 40 MPH on the length of the A1 GLA Roads in the London Borough of Barnet known as Barnet Way, Stirling Corner and Barnet By-Pass.
3. The speed limit will be in both directions of the Stirling Corner Roundabout:
(a) Barnet Way/Stirling Corner/Barnet By-Pass - northbound - from the extended southern building line of No. 15 Elstree Park, Borehamwood, to a point 207 metres south of the extended building line of Atlantic House, No. 7 Stirling Way, Borehamwood, (including the full extent of Stirling Corner Roundabout);
(b) Barnet Way/Stirling Corner/Barnet By-Pass - southbound - from a point opposite the extended southern building line of Atlantic House, No. 7 Stirling Way, Borehamwood for a distance of 157 metres, in a southerly direction, to a point opposite the extended northern building line of No. 5 Elstree Park, Borehamwood (including the full extent of Stirling Corner Roundabout).
4. The roads affected are currently subject to a speed limit of 50 MPH.
5. A copy of the Order, a statement of Transport for London’s reasons for the proposal, maps indicating the location and effect of the Order and copies of any Orders revoked, suspended or varied by the Order can be inspected during normal office hours at the offices of:
• Transport for London
Streets Traffic Order Team
Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road
London. SE1 8NJ. • Development & Regulatory Services (DRS)
London Borough of Barnet,
Building 4, North London Business Park,
Oakleigh Road South,
London. N11 1NP.
6. All objections and other representations to the proposed Order must be made in writing and must specify the grounds on which they are made. Objections and representations must be sent to Transport for London, Streets Traffic Order Team, Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ quoting reference NP/REGULATION/STOT/TRO, GLA/2019/0226, to arrive before 4th July 2019. Objections and other representations may be communicated to other persons who may be affected.
Dated this 13th day of June 2019
Network Regulation Manager
Transport for London