London Borough of Merton Public NoticesNotice ID: SUT1198668
London Borough of Merton
LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON Proposed Provision and Removal of Disabled Persons Parking Places
THE MERTON (FREE PARKING PLACES) (DISABLED PERSONS) (NO. *) ORDER 201* THE MERTON (PARKING PLACES) (CAR CLUB BAYS) (NO. 1)
(AMENDMENT NO. *) ORDER 201* THE MERTON (PARKING PLACES) (3E) (AMENDMENT NO. *) ORDER 201* THE MERTON (PARKING PLACES) (CW3) (NO. 2) (AMENDMENT NO. *) ORDER 201* THE MERTON (PARKING PLACES) (MTC1) (AMENDMENT NO. *) ORDER 201* THE MERTON (WAITING AND LOADING RESTRICTION) (MTC1) (AMENDMENT NO. *) ORDER 201*
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Merton under the powers conferred by sections 6, 45, 46, 49 and 124 of, and Part IV of Schedule 9 to, the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended, propose to make the above-mentioned Orders.
2. The general effect of the 'Free Parking Places' Order would be to: -
(a) designate a parking place on the carriageway at the locations listed in the Schedule to this Notice, in which vehicles authorised by the 'Disabled Persons' Order may be left for any period without charge;
(b) provide that the parking places would operate at all times, unless otherwise stated;
(c) specify, in respect of the parking places, that vehicles displaying in the relevant position, a disabled persons badge (commonly referred to as "the Blue Badge") issued by any local authority under the provisions of the Disabled Persons (Badges for Motor Vehicles) Regulations 2000 may be left therein;
(d) provide that certain vehicles may wait in the parking places in certain circumstances, e.g. to allow persons to board or alight (maximum 2 minutes), to load or unload (maximum 20 minutes), etc;
(e) relocate the disabled persons parking place outside No. 87 Abbotts Road so that it is partly on the footway;
(f) revoke a disabled persons parking place:-
(i) outside No. 14 De'Arn Gardens and renntroduce it with amendments to match the on-street layout.; and
(ii) in Cromwell Road, SW19, to facilitate the introduction of a shared-use parking bay.
3. The general effect of the 'Parking Places Amendment' Orders would be to:-
(a) introduce a shared-use parking bay in Cromwell Road, SW19;
(b) shorten in length existing permit parking places in Effra Road, SW19 and Island Road, CR4 to facilitate the introduction of disabled persons parking places in those roads;
(c) revoke an existing permit parking place in De'Arn Gardens and reintroduce it to match the on-street layout.
4. The general effect of the 'Waiting and Loading' Order would be to modify the waiting restrictions in De'Arn Gardens to match the current on-street layout.
5. The general effect of the 'Car Club Bays' Order would be to revoke the redundant car club bay in Cromwell Road to facilitate the introduction of a disabled persons parking place.
6. A copy of the proposed Orders and other documents giving more detailed particulars of the Orders, including plans which indicate the lengths of roads to which the Orders relate can be inspected Monday to Friday during normal office hours at Merton Link, Merton Civic Centre, London Road, Morden, Surrey.
7. Any person desiring to comment on the proposed Orders should send a statement in writing of their representations or objections and the grounds thereof, to the Environment and Regeneration Department at the Merton Civic Centre, London Road, Morden, Surrey, SM4 5DX, or alternatively e-mail
quoting reference ES/DPPP28, no later than 28 June 2019.
Dated 7 June 2019.
Outside No. 80 Abbotts Road, CR4 (partially on the footway) Generally outside No. 9 Ashtree Avenue, CR4
Outside No. 3 Barnard Gardens, KT3 Outside No. 8 Cromwell Road, SW19 (CPZ 3E)
Outside No. 128 Effra Road, SW19 (CPZ 3E)
Outside No. 17 Hill Road, CR4
Generally outside No. 3 Island Road, CR4 (CPZ CW3) Outside No. 106 Manor Way, CR4 Milner Road, the west side, adjacent to No. 71 Wandle Road, SM4
PAUL MCGARRY Head of futureMerton London Borough of Merton
Telephone: 020 8274 4901
Merton Civic Centre London Road, Morden Surrey SM4 5DX